Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

annoying internet

• 17-11-2003 3:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭

i recently built a computer for someone, don't know much about setting up the internet, but i managed it.
    i started having a problem that when surfing, some links would not activate, for example, after reading an email if you clicked REPLY it would do nothing.
    i updated explorer to the latest version, and it seemed to fix the problem, but when i restarted and tryed it again, it was back to the same antics! there is no firewall set up.

any ideas?

dave

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

try upgrading internet explorer or even download opera web browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

if you read my post properly gob i said i already upgraded internet explorer to version 6. don't want to change browser coz they are not computer savvy and would prefer to use what they already know.

dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

completely uninstall internet explorer 6 and reinstall it again and clear out tempary internet files

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

try Mozilla Firebird

don't update IE, cause you have already updated it, like Cr3m0 said clean temp files(this should be the prob)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Originally posted by davidclayton

they are not computer savvy
    opera is a doddle to use. most browsers all follow the same blueprint anyways....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

in internet options (tools, internet options in IE) go to the programs tab and make sure they have got something set as the default mail program and default browser.

when you click on a link of a certain type IE needs to know what to do with it. if you have nothing listed as the default mail program, or default browser, it won't know what to do when you click on the links.

is it just mail links it is happening on, or all types of link?

hope this helps.

Advertisement