Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ANYONE GOT CAT5 CONNECTORS

Options
  • 19-10-1999 10:48pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Someone told me they had a big bag of them.
    I always forget something about this lan.

Dev.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

amp is the man,
    i'll mail him and tell him to bring

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Kewlio. Amp, if you read this can you mail me (devore@spinsol.com) and I'll arrange pickup if you cant make Friday (or I might arrange pick up anyway cos Friday afternoon we are crimping cable).

Either way thanks for bailing me out.

Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Oops I just read the title of this post (damn my goldfish concentration span!) I don't actually have any connectors as such just a load of pre crimped cables (about 1-2 metres in length) and a box of uncrimped CAT5 (huge)

Anyone else got connectors? I think I remember someone else saying they did.

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

[This message has been edited by amp (edited 20-10-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Got about two dozen in a drawer here, must have come from a big bag if the b1tches. I'll see what I can find.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

(Sorry if this was answered already, haven't been keeping up with posts.)

Are we getting IPs pre-assigned or going with DHCP? Are they online somewhere?

cheers,

Al.

ps **** those ****in irish ****ing call-themselves-rugby-players and their ****ing stupid ****ing management! got 5 tickets for the quarters final smile.gif doh!

wasn't that game just pathetic?!!?!

• Advertisement

Stupid connection.

[This message has been edited by Trojan (edited 21-10-99).]

Yeah, I think they wanted the 127.x domain ...

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

last i read was that the ip will be stuck onto your net cable, no DHCP.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Really Fcuking pathetic....

No DHCP this year, the Linux boyos last year ruined that one on us, were not designing our network to be maintainable longer than a weekend smile.gif

IP addresses will tied to each cable...

Idiot proof ?? We think so, but prolly a DK member will want to go it his own way.. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mickah

hahah

• Advertisement
Advertisement