Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Final Fantay xi

• 17-11-2003 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

can anybody tell me if i was to import this from the states, could i play it over here with a broadband connection ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭kipple

Yes it will work. You need a valid American post code for your address.

I got my copy from, and was very happy with speed of delivery. (They are UK based)
    http://www.newageconsoles.com

I can post which server I got and first impressions. If there is enough interest we can decide on an official Irish server.

T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭rcunning03

do they check the us zip code or can you put in ny 10212 or something like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

excellent please let me know how you get on, i could use the girlfriend's brothers postcode he's in new york

do you have to pay the subscription fee kipple? and what's the minimum specs, how does it run on your system etc.?

very interested

data

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=645389&affid=9600

from what i can see they will post to ireland for $17 extra

works out at around €65 including packaging which is a little cheaper than the uk site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

dvdboxoffice
    FFXI here for canadian $80(~€52) + free postage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

has anyone actually got it or played it?

just checked out that link Jilm cheers, its quite cheap and it has the minimum specs at the bottom also

First Impressions are good every thing looks nice, the towns have a good feel to them, got to level 2 with no problems. This is with about an hours play last night. The User Interface was fine.

Negative points so far are, the install takes some time there are 5 CDs and a big download. I think there is not enought variation in the looks for each race.

The server you end up on is random, you can delete the character and try for a different server. A player on any server can "invite" (called a world pass) other players to that server and then the new players will create new characters on that server. This "invite" costs Gil (money). I am on the server Ramuh. I had a list of 4 servers I wanted these were picked by the most posts in the Vault Network server boards so to get a bias to english speakers. I got Ramph first try.

If anybody wants a world pass to Ramph I can got get one, once I work out how to make Gil. This could be an Irish server?

T.

Also here is a California (San Jose) zip code 95128-4014

excellent at least now i know it can be played over here, now all i need to do is get broadband

could you post a few screenshots if its not too much trouble

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

6GB HDD Space?! Woah! That said, if I don't wanna wait for the PS2 version to come out over here I may just resort to it anyways! Stange that we can play XI, yet X-2 won't be out till next year! :D

• Advertisement

were not suppose to be able to play xi, thats why you have to import it and use a u.s. or canadian postcode

european release will be next year it makes sense to wait if your french, german etc so it would be available in your own language, but as we speak english we may as well get the u.s. version as they speak a form of english

IIRC there is no confirmed euro release.

T.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,001 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Anyone having problems with 56kbp connection. Just want to know if it's playable on this connection since theres no broadband where I come from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I'm aware of that! :) Heh. A form of english is the best way to describe US dialect! :D *applause*

I have heard it is playable on 56k, I personally have BB.

There is a big patch download at the start which will take at a guess 10 to 20 hours on 56k.

T.

any review i've read seriously advises against 56k

if bb is not available in your area you should look into satellite broadband

http://www.europeonline.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

What's the monthly fee for this?

$12.95

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Originally posted by rcunning03
    any review i've read seriously advises against 56k

if bb is not available in your area you should look into satellite broadband

http://www.europeonline.com/

recomending one way satellite for gaming very nice :rolleyes:

recomending one way satellite for gaming very nice

im no expert but that sounds like sarcasm to me, i havent looked into too much, is it not suitable for gaming ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

well you cant use one way satellite to game its for downloads only, and on 2 way satellite you will get 500 pings at best, far worse than 56k

good to know thanks

Advertisement