Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with new DC

Options
  • 17-11-2003 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

When connecting to online servers, on some maps, my loading progress bar gets stuck at the start and have to reboot, anyone any idea what might be causing this problem?

Also, ASE isn't giving me great pings to the four or so servers it shows, I can't get more than a couple showing up before it 'reserves bandwidth for paying users'. :(

Any help appreciated.

Luc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I'd advise doing the usual Spyware and Trojan/worm scans btw if your not getting usual pings. Also when ASE says 'reserves bandwidth for paying users' i dont have a clue what its on about. Possibly just a message to try and get you to become a member [though €10 or whatever doesnt seem to bad :) ]. Usually it still scans the servers and gives you details nevertheless.

For the crashing, DC usually has a problem working on some maps, mainly pacific maps. I know that with .4J GuadalCanal will not work for example. There have been a few posts about this among the BF DesertCombat forums. A few people have said that starting from ASE insted of the iingame browser works. Others reccomend deleting the DC folder and doing a reinstall or switching off Hardware acceloration.

Try these but if they dont work .... have you installed DirectX 9.0b? A few people have had problems with DirectX9, nVidia users in particular.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

There are new nForce drivers , although they're not on the nVidia site yet :( Before updating Guadal Canal and alot of other maps were going completely blank in the middle of the game. You could see models but buildings and ground texture just disappeared.

Think this is the link.....mmm on the nvVidia site. rite oh well this is the most recent version of the drivers I could find in my history.

http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/52.16/52.16_win2kxp_english_whql.exe

Hope that works.
    Dregin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

I thought that the texture problems were because of the 52 series dets. I rolled back the 45s and all was good.

Lucutus, try getting ASE to redetect your connection, it should sort it out. Mine mysteriously started giving me awful pings a while back, but redetecting it sorted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Originally posted by ssh
    I thought that the texture problems were because of the 52 series dets. I rolled back the 45s and all was good.

Lucutus, try getting ASE to redetect your connection, it should sort it out. Mine mysteriously started giving me awful pings a while back, but redetecting it sorted it.

Yeah apparently nvidia know about the BF texture corruption in the 52.16 drivers and are working on it,staying with 45.23 det's atm aswell.

CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

After installing the 52.16 dets last night and instralling DX9.0b, I could connect fine.

However, mid game on some maps I saw the texture problem mentioned above. Quite annoying.

I think I'll wait until the newer drivers come out to solve the problem, I have some Q3/Halo PC to catch up on anyway.

:)

• Advertisement

Lucutus, change back to the 45.23 nVidia drivers to fix the DC Texture problems. The problem is only with the 52.16 nVidia drivers and they have acknowledged that. I had the same problem when I updated to 52.16 but all I did was roll back to the 45.23 ones and the problem is all fixed.

icon-Windows.gifnVidia Detonator Drivers 45.23 (Win 2000 and XP)
    » ftp://gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyondergames/drivers/nvidia/detonators/winxp_2k/45.23_win2kxp_english_whql.exe [ Blueyonder ]
    » http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/45.23/45.23_win2kxp_english_whql.exe [ nVidia ]
    » ftp://download1.nvidia.com/Windows/45.23/45.23_win2kxp_english_whql.exe [ nVidia ]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Yea, I had to roll back the driver in order to play Q3 tonight, 52.16 was causing my machine to hang after connecting to a server. Seems nVidia didn't think to test well enough...

Hope the problems are all sorted after rolling back the drivers. Many people seem to be loosing faith with nVidia after poor underperforming DirectX9 cards and also bad and untested driver released.

I will be going Ati when I buy my new graphics card soon I do have to say.

Sorry to bring up this old post, but just to let you guys know that new nvidia forceware drivers ( 53.03 ) are suppost to fix the BF1942 and DC texture corrupion problem.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_53.03

:D
    CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Thx a bunch there CC, downloading them now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by Winters
    Hope the problems are all sorted after rolling back the drivers. Many people seem to be loosing faith with nVidia after poor underperforming DirectX9 cards and also bad and untested driver released.

I will be going Ati when I buy my new graphics card soon I do have to say.

me too. I'm having that texture prob too. Just d/l the the patch that combatcow posted so i'll see if that fixs it cuz it is really annoying.

Iv just been playin DC for 30mins and the texture corruption is sorted :D very smooth.

CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yup it was fixed for me too. the only prob now is towards the end of the time i was playing. I started getting really bad fps. like 9 and stuff and i normally only get about 30. I had everything set to low so i dunno why that happening? anyaboy got any ideas

Advertisement