Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublan QW 4v4 and Duel Tournie

Options
  • 18-10-1999 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Teams who are playing 4v4 mail me at vonswine@hotmail.com with their choice of map so we can work out a schedule. Mirage can play for whoever he likes. Clans can enter 2 teams if they have enough players and ad hoc teams can enter as long as we have the names.

Duellers mail me so we have some idea of numbers.

Don't post here cos I don't read it.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Mirage cannot play for DK in the official Clan League.

He can play for them all he likes in friendlies, challenges etc but I've had too many people already from just about all the clans complain about his "late acquisition" for DK.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

dont think you understood what i was saying.. so rephrased it reads..

von is trying to set up a league, and he thinks the rules are fair. if you think the rules are unfair, at least give a good reason

"too many people complaining" ? what reason did they give?

[This message has been edited by Koopa (edited 18-10-99).]

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Fine,

fukk yis, do as you please.

DeV.

[This message has been edited by DeVore (edited 18-10-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

<Insert smart sarcastic comment here>

smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

isnt this 4v4 a iqcl or what.

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    DK 0wns U

• Advertisement

If Mirage plays for DK as it is being suggested, I will not lift one finger to assist that league in anyway.

I spent a lot of time recently sorting servers, tickets, tables, chairs, ****ing everything which people think just grows there. Well you can run you league fine. But I am not lifting one finger to help. Not one piece of assistance. Nothing.

I DONT like the "**** dev's decision we'll do as we please" attitude.

I ruled that way because of the concerns raised about DK grabbing Mirage by other players. And I am one of those players.

It's obvious that they are grabbing Mirage because hes one of the best in NZ (if not THE best).

Everyone says "oh but what about getting new blood in". Bollo><.

Ok, I will let Mirage play for DK if they also play a new player of my chosing everytime Mirage kits out for them. If they really want to introduce new blood then they wont mind having a newbie along for the games.

Chaaa.... right.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

um iqcl or a 4v4?

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    DK 0wns U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

devore

stop slanderising DK already!

please get your facts right...
    im the head honcho in DK...stop saying "dk""dk""dk" etc and use the word SER
    hehe stand in front of a mirror and shout SER
    100 times smile.gif

we get slagged by all the ****s who dont actually know anything over this ****e smile.gif

ta

Pat

PS - hope to meet u and others at DubLAN

Pat, ok but two members of DK were saying it and there was no sign for about a week of anyone else contradicting it.

I suggest that if you are in charge of DK you inform members not to make official statements to me along those lines.

Mirage is welcome and can play for a makey-up clan if the 4 v 4 even goes ahead. What I DONT want is Mirage to beef up any recognisable clan and for that clan (any clan not just DK) to proceed to brag about it for months after.

Sorry if you think I have a poor view of DK but I havent seen a very positive side of the clan yet.

There are rumours of members pulling some fast one and all "resigning" from the clan in some effort to get around the ban on Mirage playing in that one single league.
    I'm not the European Court of Human Rights.
    I'm not bound by rules, I make and break them as I see fit. I never said anythign but that that was my modus operandi.
    If theres any stupid monkeying about like that I'll lose my rag I swear.

If you want me to stop "slanderising" DK then come along and follow the spirit of the lan. (as I'm sure you will)

If people have the opinion that ye are lame its because of this sort of stunt.
    The first thing any head of any organisation of any size learns is to control what is said in public about them.

Bah, I'm in a good mood and I want this to just go away.

poor old Mirage will have a very poor view of us.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

hehe but thats what im sayin its not me smile.gif i dont mind what u think just keep it more specific

l8r

Pat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

heh heh, I can see mirage teaming up with 3 people who have never played Quake and proceeding to kick 16 different kinds of sh1t out of all the reconised clans. smile.gif Now that would be nice to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I really dont think anything like that will happen. People seem to think that Mirage will strool in a kick the **** outa whoever he plays but if his recent duels with Koopa and beast are anything to go by this simply isnt going to happen.

Hes a good player who will boost the proformance of any team he plays on but he is NOT a one man army.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭earthworm_jim

The english and the germans don't mind him taking part in their leagues, so why should we be any different?

Anyway, it's all a bit of a laugh Ted. No point in getting too stroppy one way or the other..

Mirage is a cool bloke whos very easy going.
    He's a bloody good DM6 dueler but I think beast, koopa and ser at least have his measure in duels.

I wasnt making a big deal about this until people began hassling me. I'm just hassling back. This lan is for fun. Grabbing players because they are top class is not a fun-generating tactic. I'm glad to see HK officially retracting the unofficial claim that DK was trying to grab Mirage. I may yet create a team of clanless players and throw mirage in with them if he's up for it.

Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Kewl Tom,

Me being a clan-less player, I could use someone good...

...I'm really crap, honestly...

I couldn't kill anyone with a direct line of sight and a BFG or railgun....uh oh, I've said too much....

wink.gif

Lucutus of Borg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Jaysus, we'll all be expecting Mirage to come in with a Kings robe on to the tune of eye of the tiger and have to pay to view any match he plays. At the very least if he isn't 10feet tall, floats and leaps tall buildings I'll be dissappointed.

M

Advertisement