Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else waiting for LOMAC flight sim?

Options
  • 17-11-2003 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭

flight sim?
    Due for release this week. I can't wait to get my hands on it but will have to get a new graphics card for it.
    LOMAC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

This looks amazing! I've never seen such detailed landscapes. I'd say it'd be great online - might tempt me to buy a decent joystick and give it a proper go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

hey, same Avatar!

Yeah I had a go of the demo last night but I don't think my graphics card does it justice (9200 256mb)
    Looks like I'll have to save for the 9800 pro 256mb!
    Looks like a cracking game though, the videos are fantastic.

I haven't played a flight sim since EF2000, which I found didn't really do justice to the speed these planes actually do. It always felt like I was flying at around 200mph even with the afterburner on. The videos look great, and fast! I'll have to get my hands on the demo.

I've already got a 9800pro, though only 128Mb so hopefully I shouldn't have any problems running it, but I'll need a decent joystick. I wonder if the online play will be any good?

if you check out the links on the lomac website you'll see an awful lot of simmers are waiting for this game so online should be pretty good. also on
    frugalsworld
    EF2000 was a brilliant game for it's time (the music was pretty cool too)
    You won't have any problems running it on a 9800 128mb, not at all.
    Talking of sticks this is what you've got to have!
    A steal at only €350 (after my 9800!)

Heh, I've already bought a top notch wheel and pedals, so I think I'll skip spending €350 on a joystick for one or two games. I was looking at these though - much cheaper, around the €100 mark.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&sku=118068&p=&t=331&l=2&AvdID=1&CatID=26&GrpID=2&cks=PRL

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&sku=110400&p=&t=331&l=2&AvdID=1&CatID=26&GrpID=2&cks=PRL

The second one has force feedback, which might be cool, though the Saitek ones are very good, and have gotten good reviews.

• Advertisement

links don't work to products on komplett due to .asp I think.
    I got a sidewinder FFB 2 which is fine.
    But, I wouldn't worry too much about force feedback, many game developers are skipping it as it takes too much time and effort and not many people have the joysticks.
    The LOMAC website doesn't mention force feedback as a feature anyway, although there might be 'some' FFB.

I was looking at one Saitek joystick alright (the one with separate throttle) but it had a 'cover' over the front of the stick and seeing as I have pretty big mitts, I wasn't sure my hand would fit comfortably in my hand!

That's the one I'm talking about. I bought the original one about 5 years ago and it didn't work with my computer, but it's USB now and I believe it'd be great. I've got big hands too and you needn't worry about the cover, it's got plenty of space.

Advertisement