Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do people want at Dublan???

Options
  • 21-10-1999 9:27pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

CA,FFA, Duels, 4v4, Clan Survival or ICQL style?

Name it and I'll run it (actually I'll see that it gets run smile.gif )

We wont get them all run offically but I'd like to see some Team games and some 2 v 2 CA and some duels myself.

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

Personally, Id like to be able to join a game at any time. Competitions are great, but I dont want to be sitting at my comp for an hour waiting for to be allowed play cos we are currently running round X of competition Y. I dont really care what game it is (q, q2, UT, q3, starcraft, or whatever), I jsut want to be able to sit down and find a server and do some playing for a laf.

I might play one quake competition over the course of the weekend, and even then only if other activities dont get in the way (ie, if by some freak of nature the beer runs out in the bar).

See how things flow on the the day to some extent...

SkyClaD

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Ummm. To have fun and get langered, not nessessarily in that order. smile.gif

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Clan Survival style might elleviate the mirrage dk thingy, plus its not so serious and loadsa fun smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

actually id like to see teamie play q2teamie in a few matches of q2
    isay q2 coz very few of the q2 lads actually play q1, but that could be arranged as well smile.gif

as long as its not q2dmfu<kng1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Personally what I want to see is a REALLY BIG game of CTF (Or maybe even TF or TF clasic?) with as many people as we can get into a server on that ctf5 map ( the one with the castles) In this game people could log on and join a team just like say the barrysworld ctf server.

This would be a team game but would be nice and informal.

and also...

I dont know if this is posible as I'm sure most people (includeing me) dont have q2 on their PCs but q2 allows 64 people to be in a server at once and I believe we have over 64 pcs. Imagine a 32v32 game of ctf or even just a FFA. Just a thought.

Whatever gets orgainised im sure it'll be a blast.

Pres

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

I should be dropping in saturday afternoon,

Well CA obviously, with maybe a couple of big prearranged CTF games - League perhaps.. that way ppl can keep playin and get a ranking at the end ... on how their team did.

Although thats probably hassle .. so forget it.

Jak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I like the idea of a CTF of TF server, that you can join or leave at will. One of those, along with a CA and FFA server should keep people amused. The war and duel servers can run all the comps without holding gaming up.

Clan survival, as MP pointed out is alot more fun than an IQCL, which I think has a strong possiblilty of degenerating into a sulkathon. So CS for me.

BTW, FOOKIN TAAAAAKE IT.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Gorgeous Chicks delivering beer direct to my table .....

I'll go with Gorgeous lapdancing Chicks, clad in schoolgirl uniforms, delivering beer direct to my table, for free.

(Did I mention the nymphomaniac bit?) smile.gif

Hail To The King, Baby.

[DD]Jaden.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Hmmmmm Clad.... dont think so.....

[DD]Slosh

• Advertisement

well,
    i ahve extrmeties cd which allows you to put the 3.20 patch and the 64 players levels on yer puter
    my copy of q2 is at me mums house, so if someone can bring that, then we can be sorted for a big 64 player mosh, which i would LOVE to see.
    that would be mad
    i also want to play a good 20 player game of hl team fortress.
    watch those slick sniper moves of mine smile.gif

and a really big clan arena game of q1 would be fun (since its the only q1 game i dont killed in after about 2 seconds smile.gif)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Kewl, a 64 player DM. Now THAT I gotta see!

I suppose all I really want from DubLAN is a couple of hours gameplay for fun on any game really. I don't want to feel like I sit down at a comp (Thanx again gandalf!), fire up a game, search for servers on the lan, try to join a game and then find out it's 'invite only' for clans or particular groups of players.

All I want from DubLAN is some fun gaming, and I hope there won't be much prejudice against us relatively new people to the Quake scene, (if not the game itself!). There's bound to be some prejudice, (All one has to do is browse these boards for 10 minutes to see that!), I just hope that because I've never met any of you I won't be ostracized and that prejudice is at a minimum.

T

Lucutus of Borg

A valid concern Lucutus, but when you arrive, you'll see it doesn't work that way. We all PC gamers, and we all want the same thing, low pings and fast action. Nothing else matters. Besides, I've never had any prejudice shown towards me because I'm sh1te.
    smile.gif

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Help! Help! I'm being repressed! Look at the violence inherant in the system! smile.gif

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

if anyone has a copy of half life team fortress can yis bring it along
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I think we have overwhelming support for the CTF thing. I just want to resay that I think this part of the weekend should most definately be informal with no OFFICIAL games.

Pres

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Overwhelming support for CTF?

...Excellent *Mr. Burns style finger to finger tapping*

smile.gif

Lucutus of Borg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Well if we don't get lots of CTF, I'll start my own LAN! With Blackjack! And Hookers!

Teeth.
    (who's bringing the UT server, so there will be *lots* of UT CTF played)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

forget about the blackjack smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Predator

here how about
    10 0n 10 ctf
    ffa server on one machine that ppl can log onto at any time (Q1 q2 q3 ut tribes etc)
    4 on 4 wars or iqcl comp in q1 a dool turnie goin in most games 2 v 2 leagues mst games and a bit of ca muppetry
    we have many machiens and all of these games can be runnin simultaneously .
    I think the ffa server runnin all day would be a good laugh , for those who just wana log on and blast away.
    My two cents
    G.

• Advertisement
Advertisement