Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crimson Skies, XBox, Crashing

Options
  • 17-11-2003 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

Been playing Crimson Skies for the XBox quite a bit.

However it crashed twice on me in one session on saturday, both time the picture going static and the sound turning to a continuous irritating tone. In both cases it happened just after a checkpoint which would seem to suggest a problem with the saving part of the game. Yes, I did loose, what I though was safe data,:(

I've had no other game crash on me in the six months I had the box - anyone with similar experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Nope, seems fine here (It's the NTSC version though).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Is it any good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Apert from the occasional crash, yes it is. Very Good.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Do you have a chip just a thought cause you say its an ntsc game so if you do maybe you should check the chip bios version and see if there is any conflicts put there by microsoft so stop it working its a long shot but its worth a try
    sorry thought it was you who said it was ntsc maybe some dirt on the disc causing a read error just a thought
    pete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

It gets worse.....

Playing last night, and while the game didn't crash, it started behaving erracticly:

There's a mission to destroy Die Spinne Wurm (or something like that) which is basicly a rockhard snake.

***Spoiler Warning***

Took me a few games to realise you fire the big rockets from the AA gun into it's gob - fun eh?:D

However first time I got this going i managed to blow it's head off, but the rest of the indestructible snake kept going. Tried everything for about 15mins, while this thing went around and around menacing, but basicly harmless. Eventually i got bored and restarted the mission.

The next time, I got to the same point the snake buggered of while I was trapped in the AA turret. Couldn't get out to finish the job, so mission failure.

Third time - game finally worked the way it should. Sayonara snake baby.

This game is good but these problems with it are really beginning to get to me.:confused::(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭qwertyphobia

I had the first one on PC and found the game quite buggy then as well

Good game but, does anyone know if they are releasing it again for the pc?

thx
    r

Advertisement