Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art Portfolios

Options
  • 17-11-2003 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

K im going for psychology but failing that i want to fall back on my art skills. The thing is i don't know how to make a portfolio and the art teacher hasn't said anything about it. I have sketchbooks but no finished works. I mainly just draw in pencil and i'm told my sketches are very good but i've never been known to finish anything. Does anyone know what needs to be included in a portfolio and how i would go about putting one together?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭one-angry-dwarf

Ask your art teacher. he/she should be able to tell you everything you need to know. completed investigative pencil drawings, like studys of natural forms etc. are the most important part of a portfolio.
    Unless you have a lot of the right kind of work done already, putting together a portfolio now will require a lot of work and time. I've decided to do a one year PLC course next year in portfolio preparation so this year im free to study for the leaving. lots of IT's do them and theyre really worth looking into.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

My teacher told me its kinda late to start one, especially as im doing 6 other subjects, 2 of which are brand new to me. What do you think? Would dedicating a coupla hours to it every weekend suffice?

Advertisement