Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sodium iodate

Options
  • 17-11-2003 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

can someone tell me what this is and what it is used for?

If i have a tablet of it what would happen if i was to take it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

You'd get a pain in your stomach, diarrhea then you'd start vomiting, your kidneys would fail and, depending on the dosage you'd probably beed out as your blood cells lysed.

Other than that you'd provide a conversation topic on "how silly people are to take unknown tablets" at lunch for the casualty staff in the hospital you're admitted to before you die.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

well, if you knew the reason i posted this topic then you would understand. untill you grow up and learn to mod a board properly, ill leave you to mess with that chemistry set that seems to be lodged up your arsehole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Originally posted by red_ice
    If i have a tablet of it what would happen if i was to take it?

Its not a good idea why would you want to do that red?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Easy tiger!

Thats actually what would happen. Sodium iodate is a salt detergent. It causes severe gastrointestinal distress. Lethal doe is as low as 10mg depending on the individual.

Apologies for the other comment, I wasn't being snotty I was merely lightening the grimmer description I posted before.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

oxidizing.jpgharmful.jpg

Toxicology: Harmful if swallowed or inhaled. May cause harm to unborn child. May cause sensitization.
    http://physchem.ox.ac.uk/MSDS/SO/sodium_iodate.html
    This information was last updated on October 14, 2003.

Toxicity Studies for Sodium iodate on All Organism Groups (Aquatic)
    http://www.pesticideinfo.org/List_AquireAll.jsp?Rec_Id=AQ5312

• Advertisement
Advertisement