Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Emigration in the 1950s

Options
  • 17-11-2003 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭

I was at my Aunt's house a few weeks ago for tea, she lives alone and I drop in every couple of weeks to check up on her. Her neighbour drops her in the Irish Indo every day, which she reads from cover to cover.

She was feeling pretty low and pointed out a review of a book on the Irish Emigration to the UK during the 1950's, a sort of collection of short stories or journal's perhaps. She herself is a returned emigrant and was regretting (all be it briefily) coming home after all these years.

I would dearily like to buy her this book for christmas but didn't have the presence of mind at the time to take a note of its name. Anyone have any ideas ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

It must be a new release if they're reviewing it in the paper therefore the salesppl at your local bookstore should know about it.

Failing that, go through past issues of the Indo at your library until you find the review!

Advertisement