Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm so sick of this ****.

Options
  • 19-10-1999 11:54pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm so sick of the *****ing the whining the moaning at me because I wont adjust some rule or other.

I am never running this lan again.

There is a group that just shuts up and comes and plays the games. And they are the majority. But there is a ****ing ignorant dickhead loud mouth ******* minority that kicks and screams when they dont get every little thing they want.

Mirage isnt playing for DK.

Thats it. You dont ****ing like it FUKC OFF.
    Dont come to the lan.

Mirage is the only one in all of this that I am actually looking forward to having a beer with. I'm sorry and ashamed that he sees this as his first introduction to Irish quake.

If you dont like the rules, dont come and play. I could care less now if DK turned up, in fact it would make my life a whole lot simpler, so tell you what guys. Put up with the rule or dont bother showing cos you are coming to win at all costs and the rest of us couldnt care less. No Votes, no petitions no harrassing me on IRC. Its a ****ing game stop being so ****ing lame about it.

Never. Again.

Tom Murphy.

[This message has been edited by DeVore (edited 19-10-99).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Errr Nice one lads Dev's ****ed off before Dublan even starts. I expected it to start for a few hours at least before he got ****ed off.

Seriously lads getting a player of Mirages abilities to play for DK coming into this is a bit suspect and could cause problems. If a decision has been made respect it and do not **** off the poor lad organising it. Jesus lads grow some grey cells will ya.

I'm sure Mirage can take part in one of the ad-hoc teams been set up on the day. Hmmmm I'll be going on one of those teams, I could be playin with Mirage wink.gif

Gandalf.

www.gibworld.com/gandalf gandalf@gibworld.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Err Dev,

You spelt F U C K wrong, you see the C comes before the K. A simple mistake.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

O.K. time for "ignorant, doesn't know much about situation" type response.
    Is it possible that dk were trying to ensure that Mirage would feel welcome by putting him in a clan before the event?
    If it is only a fun event then why have any of the regular clans? Why not pick teams on the day?
    You see I DO suffer from having always enjoyed this as a game. This kind of thing turns me off going to Dublan. Despite all that is sh]te about Quake in Ireland right now the one thing you can always count on is the likes of Dev breaking his *****to organise events like this.
    DK - can't you just live with the decision. Even if the answer to my question above is Yes. A nice idea won't always work.
    Bloody hell. Such petty arguements over - nice one Adra - a GAME.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mickah

Tom,
    Every single organisor that ever organised anything had to put up with sh!te of some kind or another.

Try and remember that there are a dozens of people reading all the cr@p on the boards, and thinking "I just want to go and play and have a laff with my mates".

We really appreciate you making this happen.

Cheers,
    Mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Well said Mickah - cheers Dev.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Yep, gotta agree with Mick there.

There's loads of people who appreciate what's being done, and who are happy with what's going on.

The thing is why open your mouth (and lead to possible misinterpretation which we know all about) when you're 110% satisfied with the event?

So cheers Tom, Eric, Brian and everyone else I dunno who's doing what...

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Just thought i'd throw in my opinion on this, cause i think it applies to the whole online gaming thing in general. It's all getting a bit out of context.

Dublan is not the fkin Olympics - It sounds as if it is being run as a laugh (and in the absence of any irish servers - out of some necessity) - and it should be kept that way.

If People want to take the fun out of something like this, then write what you think should be the Rule book - see who likes it - and set up a tournament to play with them.

If not play by the rules or don't play - cause it sounds like any appeals are about to fall on deaf ears.

JAK.

ps- I have opted to Go Windsurfing over the Dublan weekend - Less hassle and no rules.

...and because i can't really play Quake.

[This message has been edited by Jak (edited 20-10-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

as someone famous once said

'dont let the bas7ards grind you down'

cmon tom, youre better than this. let it role of your back.
    mind you having said that, whoever is concerned/involved in this whole mirage afair (who the hell is he anyway?) leave it out until the actual event. then you can arm wrestle over it or something. debate about it face to face.
    stop sniping each other from the corner

why not let the young new zealander play with ser and koopa and someone else in an ireland vs the rest of hte world type competition on dm3, weapon stay on, team damage, 350 armour, 200 health and a power-ups off.

now that would be intersting smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

ahh yes, you worked so hard there.

You rang up a cyber cafe, booked it, posted on the boards, went along to the pre-setup machines and used the pre-installed games. yes. nice one. good work there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Eric, I don't agree with Dk hassling Tom over something his decision on something which was bloody unsporting in the first place, but that kind of response is unnessecary.

Not everyone can organise something as big as QP/DubLAN, and fair fcuks to Tom for that, but you slagging people who have made the effort to organise even something on a smaller scale is just not on.

If you have nothing good to say, how about silencing your ego for once and just saying nothing?

• Advertisement

Again you seem to respond to everything I post with a negative attitude. Again you seem to miss the point.

Shall I spell it out for you? ie. The DK lads seem to never put anything into the communitity and are contineuously moaning and take the good out of something. I have many examples of this.

And yes, I agree, my response whilst maybe unnessecary and uncalled for. It is only a point of view, something which I believe this board is used for. Nothing about ego trips. Get off my case shinji.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Only person from dk who has been moaning(posting) is pred. Hes gotten a little over excited and has said some stuff he shouldnt have. Please DONT class everything u see from pred as being from dk.
    Anyway as i said on cie is there any objection to him being on a second team...at the moment the qw scene could use as many as it can get.

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    dk 0wns U

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Ah ffs lads. Eric please don't go there. If that's the attitude of people who organise these things then **** quake. Why bother playing. Is this the future of Quake in Ireland. Those who have organised and worked on behalf of the Irish Quake scene have the only say. If you only play the game and have done nothing else to help the community in any way then don't dare to criticise or comment on what's going on around you. Most of this community enjoy it because there is none of that elitist sh1te.
    I'll reiterate that I think Dev is 100% correct here but that kind of attitude is dangerous MP if you ask me.

M

Ok, your right Muso and Chaos, I must apologise for my attitude. Again, I bow to your wise attitude.

However, I am rightly p1ssed off as everytime there seems to be something happening, there is always someone who goes over the top (usually me smile.gif. Pred, your only airing your views. Again, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Ahh **** it smile.gif its gonna be deadly. Ta dev for organising it , REALLY looking forward to dublan smile.gif I for one will enjoy myself smile.gif drink, drugs and quake smile.gif (oh, cept no drugs of course wink.gif
    Quozl smile.gif (the anxiously waiting smile.gif
    (note the absurd number of smilies faces at thoughts of dublan ) smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sephiroth

Well its nice to see all the old faces...well
    names anyhow,glad to see youve all got an interest in the game still,well iwent into
    cold turkey when i moved to roscommon
    but i lived in a pub .....there was a upside to the whole thing ,BUT im back.................
    well in sligo IT...stop laughing, its a start
    well chat to ya again......oh and see youve kept up the arguing...good stuff..nothing like it.

SAY MY NAME B***H
    SEPH

lol corm get your butt onto irc (server irc.quake.ie channel #^cd.ie) smile.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    dk 0wns U

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Lads calm down!!! smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

WWM, the quote reads "Non illigitimatae carborumdum" smile.gif.

Here's my "Thank you" in advance, for what is bound to be a good lauf. Screw the bregrudgers who would turn this into a joyless better-than-thou farce.

On the other hand, I am looking forward to pasting you over the server Tom, but I don't think that counts. smile.gif

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

carpe diem baby smile.gif

• Advertisement

/me looks in the general direction of DK.

Lads, Im not going to comment on the dk/mirage thing, but what I will say is lay off hastling Tom. Hes made his decision, you live with it. Nothing personal.

Now on the other hand, you lads seem to moan a great deal when there is something going on. Correct me if Im wrong but Have you guys EVER run a league, competition or event for the benifit of the rest of the quake community? Nope. Instead all you do is Moan.

[more amunition ready at hand. Bring it on]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Predator

as a matter of fact we have
    we have (pat and ron) run a few galway lans
    we offered for all of ye to come down
    wouldnt ye know ye couldnt be arsed all ye dub ppl
    we had a lot of galway q1 players there, but if had recieved word from neone else we would have made it bigger, but it seems ye couldnt have been arsed.
    G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Home and Away, with you each andeverytimesomeonefeelsalittlehurtandfindsthemselvesonanobviousmoralhighgroundandsogoesintoloadsoflittlegaydramaticsovereverythingandnaythi ng. sad.

"KA'MON ALF! HOW AM I SAPOSED TO RAN A CHIPPIE DOWN THE SERF CLAB!?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭earthworm_jim

hiya Sephiroth,

You must call up to maynooth some time cormack. Does sligo have a nice internet connection smile.gif?

See you again,

Mark.

http://wwww.spinsol.com/dubLAN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

jesus dont get too excited its only a player

im not sayin he should play, i aint even been online in months, im just sayin chill, i dont care if he plays or not

and ye i hate this "dk be good" thing that seems so trendy

just chill out its only a game

Where are u hk can never find yah...pred says your studying but that couldnt be right biggrin.gif

Are you for sure coming over cause pred says you bog men might not make it?

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    dk 0wns U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

gah thought u learned not to listen to him smile.gif

should be up either sat or sunday for the day, so reserve ur puter for then:p

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Devore ,
    Before you decide to take a fit at ME replying to a PUBLIC board I aint on the UL LAN at the mo so there is nothin to be said.
    And I AM NOT mcoking anyone on this reply for the paranoid amonst you lot.

Here is some advice, take it or leave it. If you went to the bother of organising something and people whinge, dont listen. Its EASY to ignore , I do it to ye lot the whole time . FU(K EM if they whinge.

Strange that for once Im not firing shyte at everyone ( dont get yer hopes up anyone )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

Dev.
    Your the organiser therefore a target take it from me, as long as you organise something theres always alot ppl who couldn't get of their ass's to do **** but feel they have the right to ***** at those who do, because they think such and such shoud be playing or in your case a game etc.

Welcome to my world m8 its not much fun sometimes.But at least you got up and organised it and fair play for doing do.

Ben

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 RFK

A public board it may be, Cyril, but you also sign an agreement not to post anything vulgar, abusive or offensive when you register your nick. And of course you've had to sign that agreement quite a few times now, because with the exception of your post above, everythiing you've ever posted here has been ignorant offensive ********. Leading to your many bans and being told to fu<k off on numerous occasions. So why dont you fu<k off and keep your advice to yourself you moron.

Advertisement