Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ess Soundcard Drivers??

• 18-11-2003 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

A friend got an Ess Soundcard off another friend and cant install it. He's running win2k and got the card physically into the machine but doesnt have any driver's on cd or even know the model of the soundcard. Does any1 know of any utility that might tell me the model of the card as ive a feeling that the card itself wont be marked with it. Or where can i get drivers online for this?? (trial and error may get me the right 1)
    Ive tried ess online site and driverguide.com but no good.

Thanks again
    joc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you didn't look very hard did you?

http://www2.driverguide.com/uploads/uploads18/34036.html

username: drivers
    password: all

this *MAY work, it's the most recent one they have. if it doesn't then look on the card itself and find any information you can about it and post it up here, and we'll get you the correct ones. without knowing what card it is, it can be difficult to get the right drivers.

they have a whole rake of ESS sound drivers there, so one of them will work.

if you really can't find anything on the card then post a pic of it and maybe someone can help.

*entirely at your own risk of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

the ms windows update site has all the ess drivers on it so if you get it in some way functional, even with an old driver, running windows update should bring it bang up to date with the latest drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭joc_06

Thanks lads- i was on that site and must have tried 20 odd of the drivers but none of them were the correct ones and it takes awhile to download 3 meg files over 56k so i said id ask here.

I'll try this one after when i can get in touch with yer man.
    thanks

Advertisement