Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dreams

• 18-11-2003 12:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭

Just an odd question. Whenever I dream, it is usually with me as first person or "over the shoulder", but invariably I am "me" (I was Chandler from "Friends" last night and a tram two weeks ago) in the dream. Last week I dreamt I was some kind of Buffy / Sabrina / Superman crossover -whatever about the whole hero thing - it was the first time I was female in a dream. Does anyone else get this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

lot of that going arround lately know a few other people having gender issue dreams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I post regularly on boards, but I dont want people to start on me if I post this here...

I dreamt the other night about that young girl in the UK who was abducted during last week sometime. I dreamt that I could see her body lying in woodland with all sorts of lacerations on her face. It was definitely her because her face was the same as the picture shown on the news. In the dream she was laying near a bridge. I dreamt about her being semi buried under leaves and dirt and being left by whoever had killed her in a place that was quite hilly and steep.....

And so, I was freaked to see two days later that :

She was found in woodland
    She was found near a place called Denham Bridge
    Her body had been partly buried
    The local terrain was steep and Devon Cave Rescue were called in to help locate her

I felt shaky and weird after this...

I had similar dreams about the two little girls in the UK who went missing last year..... dreamt of them lying in a watery grave together.... then they were found in a sluice gate...

Is this coincidence or something more sinister at work?
    How do you go about telling friends and family you have prophetic dreams of some sort?

Some serious advice would be much appreciated.... I dont make these claims lightly, believe me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

IMO, there's a general energy between living things, and some people are more receptive than others (that's a simplified way of saying it - i could go on all day :)). So some dream about things that have happened, and see actual things that are real, but that they could have no way of knowing about. This particular incident may have disturbed you, or affected you (have you a sister/gf around the same age?), and because you focussed on it, you 'tuned in' to it, and picked up that.

If you tend to get these dreams, its just a matter of living with it really. There's not much you can do about it, and nowhere you can go to do anything about it ("Uh, hello, Devon Constabulary? I dreamt last that the little girl was under a bridge near a wood. Um...thanks". "Ok sir........"). You could also find yourself becoming a suspect once too often :D

Start a betting ring between your mates. If you know the outcome, you can't lose.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Seamus you're a crap pot :)

I had some dreams about being a woman years ago, infrequently and usually within the dream it didn't last long i usually changed back to myself rather quickly.

I wouldn't read too much into it if i were you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

no your not craking up, yes these things do happen and the person who is the most secptic is often the hugly rational person with no odd or quirkie beliefs this happens to.

Yes the police do infact get those type of phone calls and yes it will take a while for you to gain credibilty with them but they would check you out and if your consistant and helpful they will believe you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

On the orginal post topic: I usally dream in a combination of 1st person and narrator (maybe part of my movie obsession?), anyway I've had many dreams from many points of view. Being a woman is sometimes fun, espically in a vivid dream. Was once a mayfly, very interesting dream that. Don't worry about it.

As for visions, they are disturbing, some people are more "intune" than others. There is nothing you can do about it really except see a counciller about it if the images disturb you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I very often dream in the first person, and find myself in bizarre situations.

Especially worrying is the "musical" dream - very bizarre

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I've been about to die twice in my dreams recently. The first time i was in a train going through a channel-tunnel type tunnel and the roof collapsed, and the water rushing in crushed me and the other passengers. The second time i got into a fight, when i went to the mirror i saw there was a bullet hole in my neck and blood was squirting out. Scary shit both times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

I generally don't remember my dreams, but when I do I'm usually wary of something out of the ordinary/crappy happening to me in the near future. And something does, most times.

They seem to be like a warning light for me. Which would be handy if I could work out a pattern or something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Originally posted by Victor
    I was Chandler from "Friends" last night and a tram two weeks ago) in the dream. Last week I dreamt I was some kind of Buffy / Sabrina / Superman crossover -whatever about the whole hero thing - it was the first time I was female in a dream.

that means you are a wannabe transexual who watches way two much tv........

but no seriously, i find my dreams are some weird wacked out culmination of things that happened to me during the day, and they never end up making any sense

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

never dreamt i was a woman but did have the im the middle of the classroom look down and ur naked dream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Thaed
    Yes the police do infact get those type of phone calls and yes it will take a while for you to gain credibilty with them but they would check you out and if your consistant and helpful they will believe you.
    They will also investigate you ..... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

nearly all my dreams are 3rd person i can not recall recently a dream that ive had a 1st person dream!

ive dreamt ive been killed a few times actuallly, the scariest dreams ive ever had was about a year ago the dream was that it felt like something was chasing me i was scared sh*tless in my dream and started running within a few mintues something hurled itself at me looked kinda like a wolf and then i wake up

it happened to me 3 times in the space of two weeks had no idea what it ment at the time

go figure!!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Originally posted by thomasmckinless
    never dreamt i was a woman but did have the im the middle of the classroom look down and ur naked dream

had that last night..... scary ****

what scare me is that recntly i had a dream about a girl in my class:

she came in to the 6th year study room... ( were both in 6th year)

she asked me if we wanted to " go out tonight"
    i replyed.....
    Eillis,.... what about robert....
    " i'll sort him out"

the my bloody mother woke me up for school...

( yes i was rather " hot under the coller"
    \me hopes robert doesnt read boards....

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I had a dream there last night, it was one of the worst I've had in a while. I'll not go into detail about it, but it was a fairly graphical death of someone very close to me. It was very disturbing for me although it was only a dream. This is one of two I've had in the past two years.

Does anyone know what its supposed to symbolise or whatever? Or even what my mind is telling me?

My brother told me he had the same type of a dream there a week or so ago and it evidently disturbed him too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Doctor Spoc

Originally posted by WorriedDreamer
    I

I dreamt the other night about that young girl in the UK who was abducted during last week sometime. I dreamt that I could see her body lying in woodland with all sorts of lacerations on her face. It was definitely her because her face was the same as the picture shown on the news. In the dream she was laying near a bridge. I dreamt about her being semi buried under leaves and dirt and being left by whoever had killed her in a place that was quite hilly and steep.....

And so, I was freaked to see two days later that :

She was found in woodland
    She was found near a place called Denham Bridge
    Her body had been partly buried
    The local terrain was steep and Devon Cave Rescue were called in to help locate her

I felt shaky and weird after this...

This can happen alot, it's can be called unconscious solvings, or awareness dreams,
    they are very disturbing (even distressing) when you have them, i too had a similer dream and the two girls from last year, but it was that i had seen their murders,

One of the girls i saw was being drowned in a pale green bathtub, her arms frantically jerking out, as if looking for help (she she was).
    Then her corpse was carried into a bedroom, i could see her being stripped by a middle age man. Then the door shut...

it was very upsetting and one rare dream that i would call a nightmare.
    These dreams are very common, but not always reliable.

Next time you have one, have a long bath or shower the next day or the minute you wake up, this will soothe you. i hope that advice helps!

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Seve: "Oh my god! He's on fire!"
    Paddy:"Who the f**k knew that water was flammable?!"

Advertisement