Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British Shorthairs

Options
  • 18-11-2003 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I've been a cat owner all my life but now find myself without one. Have always had moggies but I want to try a specific breed now and the British Shorthair looks appealing (fairly traditional look and good personality). Can anyone tell me how to go about finding one? And how much should I expect to pay for one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

Personally, Id take a moggy over an overbred breed any day. But If I had to go for a breed it would be Siamese, so clever.

Prices Iv seen for siamese started at about €150, but for Eng shorties, ur prolly talkin a little less.

B

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bos

I don't particularly like overbreeding either but I've had some bad experiences with adopted moggies in terms of personality. I'm more concerned with personality than looks and I thought of getting a breed because of the relative predictability of their personalities. If I could get a moggy that would be "guaranteed" an easy-going floor/lap cat I'd be more than happy but how sure can you be???

Advertisement