Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downgrading from eircom i-Stream Solo to I-Starter

• 18-11-2003 3:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭

I have had i-Stream Solo (€89/mth) since May 2002, so have been waiting for the first flush of install delays to pass before asking to step down (?) to the new i-Starter service. Especially with the possibility of the free install, a free month and a permanent loan of another eircom ADSL modem. So I phoned the 1890220023 number and got talking to a nice male Biddy who we will call MP. He was sweety-pie about my downgrade request. Told me that it involved cancelling my Solo, (no prob as it was in place for 18 mths) and a new order for i-Starter. I would get all the benefits, whether I needed them or not, and I could phone him back on the following day (Fri 30/10/03).

My current service was due to be billed again from 09 Nov, so I thought I had given them time to set the new setup in place in time to issue the next bill for i-Stream @€;55 instead of €107, doubled for nex two months. I phoned him back at his desk number on the next day, and he told me all was in place, and gave me an Order Number to follow up. It would be very quick, he said, as the exchanges were being manned for new installations, and mine was a minor job.

I waited with interest for a note from An Post that they could not deliver a parcel, but nothing happened. On Saturday last, I phoned the MP desk number, got a voicemail message. Fair enough, it was Saturday. So I phoned the ..0023 number and spoke to a pleasant male Biddy from a nice country. He checked my reference number, told me that the technicians had attempted to install RADSL and had found ADSL already on the line. Naturally enough, their attittude was " wha the fcuk, send an email to someone who sent this Order". Of course nothing had been done. He could do no more on a Saturday, so promised to follow up and phone me on Monday.

At 16:30, I decided to chase a bit further, phoned the original MP desk number, got voicemail, phoned the ..0023 number and started again with my story. Now I got normal Biddy treatment, "very strange, I'll put you on hold for a while", "I think you should be talking to another department, I'll transfer you", and I stuck it out. So I eventually was routed to another nice Mr F., who was interested but perplexed. His computer system did not display any details for the reference number I had been giving, and which was producing the quotes from the Exchange techies. He actually knew the Mr MP I had earlier dealt with, and told me he had left eircom on the day I had last spoken to him. The only reference he had for any work on my account was the original installation order, 18 months ago.

It looks to me that I rang an eircom Sales number. Mr MP probably took the New Business portion of my request, ignored the Cancellation element, entered it as a new order, took his commission and fcuked off. The Order Number I had must be for a Sales Department system. My requirement should have been handled by the eircom Broadband Support team. (God bless them, always great service, guys - to include gals, if you're reading). So, I was finally in touch with the right department, bu three weeks later, and with a monthly billing date passed. I asked to start the process again properly, but expect that I will have to pay the higher rate for the service to December, if not January.

I should have known from my Boards experience that I would get some form of runaround where reducing payment to eircom was concerned, but you would think that an Internationally-aware organisation such as eircom would not let a small-time operator con them in this way.

Oh Well, I'll wait and see. The new nice Mr F. invited me to phone on Friday to check the position. Fill the kettle for the next episode. Sorry for an Omnibus Edition to start, but once I start, I have to finish! Anyway, it's a start on my next 100 posts :) .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved to Broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭mobby

I would stay will away from eircom , I had a problem with my ADSL last night unable to connect Cayman Software telling me Status of DSL is Not connected , sure i will ring ol Eircom Tech Support i thought, they will Help me after all what am I paying €54 per month for. so I ring a 1890 Tech support number to be informed if i want I-Stream starter tech support I would have to ring there Premium rate 1550 number (0.75c pem min) i have these numbers barred from my phone I said, well use your mobile or get your land line unbarred again, like hell i will, anyway to make a very long story short and 2hrs later I have informed Eircom to cancel the account (that will be €150 thank you very much) such a shower of rip off merchants..... my advise is to stay well away from Eircom check all that costs involved I was never told these extra costs when i signed up, never signed any agreement never saw any terms and conditions, anyway stay clear thats my advice

Never again

back to me 56k modem slow but it works

Advertisement