Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

webmail.eircom.net

Options
  • 18-11-2003 8:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Away from my computer yesterday, I checked my @eircom.net email on webmail.eircom.net. There were two messages in the inbox.

When I got home, I clicked on Outlook & did a send & receive. The emails that I had read using webmail.eircom.net did not come down. I checked via the web again and they are still there, though obviously they are 'read' rather than 'new'. How do I set up either outlook or the eircom.net account to allow me to download the mail to my client even after I've read it over the web?

Many thanks in advance.
    dod.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Short answer, you can't.
    Once you read them in webmail they're "downloaded" into webmail. You'd have to forward them to yourself then check your account via the mail client.
    Use www.mail2web.com, that'll leave a copy on the server so you can download them into a client.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yeah, it's quite annoying that. I have found if I remember, that if I even enter the first page and see "2 new mails" I can't download those two mails even if I don't read them.

The only option is to do as said - resend them to yourself and close the explorer page after doing so.

Annoying, you just have to get out of the habit of looking into the browser version to check your mails.

Advertisement