Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Incorrect Charge from Eircom

Options
  • 18-11-2003 9:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

I got ISDN downgraded to a regular line and just received my bill from eircon for the priveledge.

Under an item entitled "Provide Residence Line" there was a charge for €107.43.

Needless to say fuming I called up a biddy last night and demanded it to be reduced to the 25 it should have been.

I was told that I had gotten a new line installed that was why I was charged. I then asked her to explain if I had gotten a new line why was there charge for before that date? That really confused her.

After a while I was finally able to convince her it was an error and would have it credited.

Pays to check your bill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

€25 to return to "normal" line? When I was getting ISDN, I was told it would be €121 (or similar - a big number anyway!) to turn it back to a normal line.

Was this in error? (I hope!) I'll be moving house soon, and was anticipating having to pay that whopper to disengage and another whopper to have ISDN installed at the new place. (Excuses: In the boonies/sticks/hinterlands and rental houses - no other connection options at the moment.)

How do I manage to get the €25 rate for that?? :rolleyes:
    Is it in the T&C now?

(IS there a "fees and charges" page somewhere? or do they make it up as they go along??)

Ban

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Originally posted by manic_monster
    I got ISDN downgraded to a regular line and just received my bill from eircon for the priveledge.

Under an item entitled "Provide Residence Line" there was a charge for €107.43.

Needless to say fuming I called up a biddy last night and demanded it to be reduced to the 25 it should have been.

I was told that I had gotten a new line installed that was why I was charged. I then asked her to explain if I had gotten a new line why was there charge for before that date? That really confused her.

After a while I was finally able to convince her it was an error and would have it credited.

Pays to check your bill.

Its one thing for a Biddy to tell you she wil credit your account its another thing to actually get the credit. Happened to me where a biddy promised a credit and didnt get it. Ended up writing a caustic letter before I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

This whole facade happened to me also earlier in the year.

I'm completely convinced eircom are just chancing their arms to try and get a quick buck out of those who aren't sure of their true prices...
    I also rang up to complain. The 'lady' took ages to admit the error. If I was in any way unsure that it was actually €25 and not 130, I might've given up she sounded that sure.. thats their hope I assume...

It's an absolute sham

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved to Nets/Comms.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

Just this afternoon (19/11/03) I was on to Eircom about this very same thing and was told it will cost me €225 to downgrade my ISDN to PSTN (so I can get DSL). Esat BT quoted me €190 for the job.

When I asked the Eircom guy how their competitors could do the job cheaper (since its an Eircom engineer that'll have to do the job either way) he said "That's competition for you". When I asked why they weren't matching the competition, his reply was " these prices are agreed with Comreg and we're not allowed reduce them".

Both prices are still a hell of a long way off €25. NE1 know where I can go to get a definitive answer on this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭manic_monster

Just call them and tell them you want to downgrade. Don't mention DSL.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

Thanks manic_monster, how much will that cost me? What I'm afraid of is, if I do that and then my line fails the test, will I have to pay another €225 to upgrade again to ISDN. BTW my main ISDN line passes the online test and the other line fails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭manic_monster

I passed the test pre-downgrade. This was on my main line- which is the one you will keep when you downgrade.

Advertisement