Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy one.....OE, importing from file

Options
  • 18-11-2003 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I've had to switch machine in work, and so wanted to keep some mails for myself. So I selected them all, and clicked forward. Of course OE thought it was being helpful when it put them all as attachments to one big super happy fun email.
    So now I have a load of .eml files, and I want to get them back into my Inbox......

Little help? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Just a stab in the dark but can you not right click the files and save as. Then save into a folder and import individual .emls into outlook express? I think it's possible in Outlook but I can't remember OE much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

how many mails is it ?

if it's just a few you can open>file move to folder>inbox

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Actually this computer has OE (and this internet cafe sure has some gorgeous clientelle).

What you seem to have to do is open the mail - click file - click save attachments and save them to a folder.

Then open the folder in windows and select all the messages you want to import and simply drag them into your inbox.

Not sure if it retains all the subject/to/from fields but it does the job apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No, there doesn't seem to be any option like that Gordon :)

OE 5.5 btw

(I wouldn't use it except that I have to support it, so it's simpler to have it open all the time :))

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Cheers Emboss, just did it that way. 31 Mails, took about 5 mins

• Advertisement
Advertisement