Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery from UK

Options
  • 18-11-2003 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there
    I'm looking to buy a home cinema type thing and I've found the system that I want. It costs over 700 euro here, but on average it costs 560 euro on the UK sites. However, I can't find a site which will deliver to the Republic of Ireland, I even tried emailing them :( . Does anyone know of a site which will deliver to the ROI?
    thanks for listening!
    Peter
    P.S. it's not for sale on amazon.co.uk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Hi, thanks for the info. Have you ordered from any of these guys before? If so, did you get your stuff without any problems?
    cheers
    Peter

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Hi

I just recently bought a 36" widescreen tv from tvandvideodirect.com - saved €1000 in the process. They delivered for me at a cost of £70.

I know dabs.com have a delivery cost of £20 no matter what you buy - large or small - I would have used them only their price for the tv was too dear.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I have used Unbeatable before and had no problem. Am awaiting an order from Techtronics and everything seems to be fine.

Havent used Dabs.com but someone else recommended it this morning on another thread.

Seeing as I ordered from them recently and got on well.
    www.hifistore.co.uk/

Theres a £35 courier charge to Ireland but you will have delivery in 48 hrs guaranteed.

mm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

turns out that amazon have what I want at a good price. It just wasnt listed in the relevant section, but I found it when I did a search by product code.
    thanks for your help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Buzz_Irl

Try uk.pricerunner.com

It trawls uk sites and returns sites with best prices.

I am going to buy tv etc as the prices are seriously cheaper.

Best ones I have seen so far are the ones mentioned as well as www.superfi.co.uk.

also - there is a german site hificomponents.de , which has an irish section. I spoke via email (!?!) and they were very helpful but I am nervous of ordering from Germany - somebody else on boards had a good account of them ( I think).

uk.pricerunner.com does not always return the cheapest but it is very helpful - after a while there are only really a few good sites that deliver to thr roi.

Best of luck - if I order in the next few weeks I'll let you know how I get on

Buzz

PS I got confirmation from the Revenue Commissioners that only UK VAT is payable - there is no irish vat on import

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭davmigil

www.richersounds.co.uk (ring up Belfast branch, v.reasonable postage)

www.hiwayhifi.com (London based, good prices, but postage dearer)

Advertisement