Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restoring Windows backup

Options
  • 18-11-2003 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

I was hoping someone could help me with this problem.

I have restored a tape from a bloke who uses NT backup on WinNT. I restored it on Server 2000. However all the files are read only, I have selected restore security when restoring it and I have also given everyone full control over the folder, however i still cant change it from read only

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭ando

did you go into the properties of some of the files.. Ntfs permissions. NTFS on NT4 is different to Ntfs on NT5, however I do not think that is your problem. The Nt4 machine, is it a server, a member of a domain. Is the Nt5 machine a member of the same domain? You may want to take ownership of the files in question and then give appropiate rights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Big al

they are completely different domains, its a security issue but i cant figure which for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭ando

did you try taking ownership of the files yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Big al

Nice one Ando, Cheers

Advertisement