Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What movie did you watch last night?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

herobear wrote:
    can this thread be stickied by any chance ??

Ixoy asked me that already, and I said that people generally ignore stickies anyway, so if we did do that, people might be posting threads wondering where it went, or a new 'What movie?' thread. It's always on the first page anyway, so that kinda defeats the purpose of stickying (is that a word?) it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

the only reason i brought it up, was during that instance it wasnt on the first page, and i had to root around to find it, but i get your point :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭[InsertHandle]

Lost in Translation

Meant to get round to watching it ages ago but never did
    Very, Very enjoyable film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I watched Texas Chainsaw remake there, was pretty decent for that sort of thing....I liked it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

Watched the howling, not what i expected, but good none the less..
    Good sense of humour to it.

Oldboy.

Yes, again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The Dirty Dozen, an absolute classic war film. Lee Marvin, Charles Bronson, Telly Savalas (spt), Donald Sutherland just can't be beaten :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Rose Red, why does SK do this to his books?

Today I saw The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.
    Not too bad really.
    garred wrote:
    Rose Red, why does SK do this to his books?

Because he's actually quite a bad writer, and it takes visionary film-makers like Kubrick, Cronenberg, or Reiner to make anything decent from his book or scripts.

• Advertisement

Night of the Demons 3

Burial of the Rats

They Nest.

They Nest was excellent, Night of the Demons 3 was poor but watchable, Burial of the Rats was one of the worst movies I've seen in ages.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Last night, me and my friends finally agreed after an hour and a half of arsing about to watch Man about Dog... At first I was very sceptical. But by about three minutes into the film I was laughing uncontrollably. Very good film by any standards, especially the "Gypos." Ah Pat Short, you absolute legend!

Faust

Quite good, alot better then the box would have you believe, fairly gory...

About a Boy

About a Boy is one of those films I put on when im going to bed and I fall asleep to. Its also a very good film with some great lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I put on Bedknobs and Broomsticks. A classic.Think its the whole cartoon and real live people that makes it good. Who doesnt want to go around on a flying bed!!

Predator 2 Special Edition

Pretty crap. Was very disappointed. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

The batchelor party....an early tom hanks film. Made porkies look like a piece of art. Shockingly bad film from the early 80's with humour that has aged severly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Last night me and my mates watched "Hitchikers guide to the Galaxy". I liked it :) unfortunately no one else did :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭monaghanforsam

last nite i watched south park class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

How Harry Became A Tree...

Weird, easy to follow but weird... Great acting from Meaney and Murphy, and Dunbar was pretty good as well... Clever ending.

But odd nonetheless...

• Advertisement

Blue Streak
    and
    Vampires

Blue Streak was decant mindless fun. And Lawrence is only mildly irritating, compared to his usual over the top stupidity.
    Vampires was okay. It's the kind of film you want on a Saturday night at half one in the morning. There's some nice ideas but the low budget lets it down and Woods is clearly slumming. But what the hell, it's got blood, guts, nudity and profanity. Peerfect for after the pub. It's a shame Carpenter will never again deliver the quality of his earlier films.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭monaghanforsam

south park kicks ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

XXX 2 ... and I left before the end ... terrible ... even worse than the first one, at leas that had some interesting stunts in it .. Sam Jackson do you need the money that bad!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

21 grams, ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

The Interpreter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

rounders .. and it was great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

• Advertisement

Boogeyman
    The Tuxedo
    and
    Go

Boogey was okay. The set up was decantly done but the end was just far too rushed. Not as bad as some of the recant excuses for a horror film.
    The Tuxedo was poor. Come on, a Jackie Chan film that features no proper action. Just a load of wire work and CGI.
    Go was very good. I really enjoyed it. It was 90 minutes of fun that always entertained..

Amityville II

Terrible movie, looks like it was made years before the first, despite being made almost a decade after.

:(

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Guess Who. And guess what, it was dire! A few laughs but they were few and far between :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭samo

'The Castle' An Ozzie film in the vein of Muriels wedding etc

Pretty easy going and non demanding - good film!

Birth - p1ss poor although Kidman is very good as usual.
    White Noise - tacky and p1ss poor
    The Woodsman- very good, gonna pop down to the bookies and get a price for Bacon's probable oscar next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

i had the pleasure of sitting down and watching top gun. god i love it!

ICEMAN :"you can be wing man anytime"
    MAVERICK "bullsh*t you can be mine"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Watched bits of Meet The Parents . Not much of a Ben Stiller fan, well not at all but thre were a few laughs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Sat down to watch Meet The Parents but i got very distracted and ended up watching Armageddon... half a chick flick half an actiony film

Toolbox Murders

Dreadful, absolute shíte at its worst.

• Advertisement

The Ghost and The Darkness....thoroughly enjoyed it. Thought they did the lion sequences well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

Casshern -
    dubbed as a live action anime, this film is exillarating from beggining to end, with gorgeous eye candy in almost every scene, the best i could describe it is:
    a mix between the(good parts of the)Matrix,(the good parts of) Star Wars and a live action Akira.
    it starts fairly slow, and typical with a long detailed film like this(2+ hours) tthe action takes a while to heat up, but once it really gets going(along the 60 minutes mark) its bloody amazing!
    the film mixes, live action,cg animation, colour and b&w.
    the only downside i can see is the last 10 or so minutes is a bit ridiculous with its plot twists also there are several wtf moments in the fiilm as a whole, but most(but unfortunately not all) get explained eventually, which i think definitely lends itself to having rewatch value.
    but, any bad points are very minor to its good parts, and if you're a fan of japanese/asian cinema in general(but especially anime) this is a must see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

I got Casshern a while ago - I guess you should add a bit of "Sky Captain" into the mix, so people know what kind of visuals to expect. The movie is okay - lovers of big stompy robots would love it. Personally, I thought it was okay - when the movie was good, it was very, very good. When it was bad, it was sloppy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Watched Blade Trinity on Monday night!

Last night I watched the Life of David Gale ... great movie & definately gonna get it for the collection!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭[InsertHandle]

Fight Club :)

woke up this morning questioning my life and feeling slightly aggressive

Shiri

Actually a bit dissapointing considering the sheer quality that's been coming from Korea as of late, but it was a good film none the less. Min-sik Choi was excellent as the baddie though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Super Troopers.
    One of funniest films ever, meow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

what lies beneath :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Reign Of Fire... it seemed better than when i saw it last somehow

Alexander - P1ss poor, Macedonians with Irish accents :confused: , although Val Kilmer was good in it. Not enough action scenes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭the jew

dawn of the dead - what a piece of shít.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement