Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What movie did you watch last night?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

The Fog of War :

/neo

Whoa

neo/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

M*A*S*H - Really good but still prefer the series, go on the Paramount Chanel! :D

BM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Troy

Well, we just flicked through the great battle scenes, as we'd seen it before and were just hanging around....it was good stuff though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Alexander, and it was the worst film I have seen all year, brutal,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

The Big Swindle - Damn good Korean action/heist/con film, akin to Runaway Jury in a way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

The past few days:

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - A little disappointed by this as I have very fond memories of the books.

The Jacket - Another disappointment. Not much in this film to recommend it.

The 1st 3 Pink Panther movies - Really liked these when I was younger. They still kind of made me laugh but not that much.

Birth - Just finished watching this and I was staggered by it. Staggered by it's immense and complete and utter stupidity. I can't actually think of another movie that tried to come across as intelligent and failed so miserably. I think it may just be worse than Scary Movie 2!

There were a few other movies but my brain has been frazzled by that piece of sh!t Birth and I can't remember what they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I watched The Rutles. It's ok, but it's no Spinal Tap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Full Metal Jacket, an excellent Stanley Kubrick film.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Who the hell is that strange f0cker sucking his comb at the start? Looks like such a prat... see him later giving the microphone holly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

Lenny - very good..
    dont know anything about him, so dont know if he was portrayed properly..
    but dustin hoffman is still a legend, excellent acting..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Went to the preview of Star Wars - Episode 3 in Ster Century.

I have to say.. [understatement]It's not too shabby[/understatement]

Kev.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 MBobo

Just watched Shawshank Redemption now for prob the 50th time.

I still enjoy it imensally wot a classic movie got to be one of the all time greats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Adam and paul,, not bad, was expecting worse,,,,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

BossArky wrote:
    Who the hell is that strange f0cker sucking his comb at the start? Looks like such a prat... see him later giving the microphone holly.

That would be Paul Wolfowitz

[linkd=http://www.defenselink.mil/bios/wolfowitz.html]That evil mother****er[/linkd]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Half-Bicycle

MBobo wrote:
    Just watched Shawshank Redemption now for prob the 50th time.

I still enjoy it imensally wot a classic movie got to be one of the all time greats.

Enjoyable but derivative. Once was enough for me. Guess if I hadn't seen Birdman of Alcatraz, Escape from Alcatraz and Papillon I might have liked it more...

Revenge Of The Sith, and Sin City.

I am double impressed. :D
    Definetly two to own on DVD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

El Dorado - Virtually a remake of Rio Bravo. John Wayne and Robert Mitchum as directed by Howard Hawks. What more do you want? If you like westerns then it's definitely one to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Ozon's Swimming Pool - very enjoyable - good characters and a thought-provoking twist at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Just back from Revenge of the Sith. Taught it was very good. Huge improvement over the previous two

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Rabies wrote:
    Just back from Revenge of the Sith. Taught it was very good. Huge improvement over the previous two

ditto....except my showing (UGC, 10.15pm) lost sound for about 2 minutes right near the end at one of the most important scenes of the entire franchise....bastids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

battle royal.

some guys dont appreciate quality movies. the bitching I had to listen to over the subtitles :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith

Best.
    Movie.
    Ever.

Ok, maybe slight exaggeration.

Best.
    Of.
    The.
    Saga.

What a great way to end it. Seriously, everyone must see this film.

Star Wars EP III: Revenge of the Sith

I must say it was very good. A far better film than EP I or II. Though the dialogue and acting were still atrocious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 SherriffBuck

Creme de la face 20,, not bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

JUst watched This Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. Absolute Classic Film right up there with Andersons previous films, Rushmore and The Royal Tannenbaums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Team America: World Police

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

the crying game....................funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

All Quiet On The Western Front. Absolutely amazing film. It really is a classic, things like the script and acting aren't up to modern standards (it was made in 1930) but this film had a bigger emotional impact on me then Platoon and Full Metal Jacket it really shows the utter horror and futility of World War I. One of my favourite war films ever.

• Advertisement

EpIII

Was not disappointed overall. Great movie, a definate redeemer for the crap Phantom Menace and the not-as-crap-but-still-fairly-poor AoTC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

Ep3 ..bit disappointed tbh, from everybody else's reaction i was probably expecting a bit too much..
    like some of the fights and the special effects were amazing, its just any scene that was meant to have any emotion ended up being really awkward with crappy dialog..
    still like ewan as obi-wan though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Clue!! Finally got it on DVD. Ah so funny, was great! "no meaning yes?...no"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Episode III - Entirely underwelmed by it. I wasn't really expecting too much from it and wasn't really in the mood to watch it either.

Tadpole - I watched this afterwards and really enjoyed. Quite a simple premise shot on a low budget but well executed with some good performances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

waynes world

watched the scene with the guys and the stoned whino in the car with bohemian rhapsody..........a priceless and unforgettable moment

• Advertisement

Das Boot: Director's Cut. This film is nearly 4 hours long. That's 4 hours of stunning, quality and breath taking film. It's really really really good, it's so visceral and authentic that you almost feel as if you are watching a documentary. Hollywood could have never made this. A must see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I watched Quadrophenia last night. Second time seeing it. Its an absolute gem of a show. Leslie Ash as a teenager is quite the looker!

Great show, and a fantastic soundtrack.

Anyone know if there is a CD of it???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Kill Bill Vol I
    Now I cant get Daryl Hannah's sexy Whistle out of my head. arrrghhh!

Zatoichi - Everone raves about it, and I was really looking forward to seeing it but I thought it was really, really boring. I watched it all but I really wanted to turn it off. Didn't give a cr@p about any of the characters. Couple of funny bits, but overall a huge dissapointment. :mad:

BM.

gimmick wrote:
    I watched Quadrophenia last night. Second time seeing it. Its an absolute gem of a show. Leslie Ash as a teenager is quite the looker!

Great show, and a fantastic soundtrack.

Anyone know if there is a CD of it???

Play.com has 2 versions.

BM.

• Advertisement

Akira. An OK anime with a bit too much waffle thin storyline, still it's good fun if you are into watching whole cities be destroyed and supermind powers etc... Good fun but not a classic for all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Repo Man

First time I saw it. Was expecting far more car robbing and far less radioactivity...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Requiem For A Dream...

Startling, Shocking, Depressing, and Brilliant, in equal measure. Never rated Jared Leto as an actor before now.

Layer Cake
    and
    Team America World Police Uncut

Layer Cake is very good. Some great scenes and outstanding performances.
    Team America is very good. Its not as funny as the premise but it's still one of the best films of the year.

gimmick wrote:

Cracking film. Incidentally, I have been in that very alleyway where Phil Daniels and Leslie Ash had a quick interlude...

Best of the Best.

Ah, Nostalgia...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Rush Hour 2, cracking film even better than the first. Don't know why they did'nt to a 3rd.

garred wrote:
    Rush Hour 2, cracking film even better than the first. Don't know why they did'nt to a 3rd.

There is a Rush Hour 3, going around P2p. I downloaded most of it....and its like...wtf??

Crap.

garred wrote:

Dreadful, dismal and desperate film, dont know why they made the first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Sweetness!

Almost Famous. Its been so long since I watched this movie and it's still great, I just love it!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement