Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What movie did you watch last night?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

right so theres a somewhat big list, but havent posted here in awhile:

mysterious skin - absolutely amazing!! im SO in love with this film, amazing story, performances....the lot!!

friday night lights - for a film about something i have absolutely no interest in(american football) this was surprisingly good, great sympathetic actors(especially billy bob thornton) and engaging story(nice little cameo by christian kane too)

palindromes - not too sure what to think of this, it flip-flopped between great and really poor acting and narrative.

trouble with sex - awful, AWFUL irish film, painstakingly bad, with some of the worst dialogue i've ever heard. has some ridiculious sound effect too every time there's sex

strings - fascinating. yes the story is fairly average, but its a fairy-tale after all, and its successful in what its trying to achieve.

its all gone pete tong - like palindromes in that it flip-flops in quality
    cocaine badger: wtf ??
    i still found it enjoyable enough

brothers - interesting danish film, about a man returning home from war in afghanistan after being presumed dead, haunted by his memories of the POW camp. it's a little too long and the pacing sucks but still pretty good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

The Return. A very moving and quiet Russian film that, even though it lacks meat in many ways, is worth a look by foreign film buffs. Lovely camera work and photography, there are many beautiful shots throughout the film.

M. Very impressive German movie from 1931. A real classic and I recommend it even with its flakey acting because it must one of the first serious modern like films made. Very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Forrest Gump again :)

Its about 10 films in one! still a classic. every single one of his adventures are usually by themselves the plots for films.

Legendary film. Amazing performance by hanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

watched 'Saw' d'other night.

very very ****ing good movie!!

last night >> season2 of Family_Guy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Tuesday night - Team America [funny in parts ... cr@p in the rest]

Last night - Star Wars Revenge of the Sith. Dear god, lucas can't write dialogue to save his life. Bar that, fantastic movie [except for the choice of final scene]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Dodgeball

woot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Sweetness!

Leon. First time seeing it and what a great movie it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Rounders. Pretty deadly poker movie, though I don't know how many poker films there are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

The whole ten yards.
    One of the worst movies I have seen in a long time. Heard it was **** but still watched it.
    Painful :(

• Advertisement

American History X. Excellent movie featuring a strong and very well acted leading role by Edward Norton. There is very little in this movie to complain about (even the slow-mo black and white moments are fine and not that jarring), simply excellent and very impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Easily_Irritated

Fight Club

A bit of Brad and a bit of Ed, ya can't go wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 VDe

Star Wars Revenge of the Sith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Unit00

Mr & Mrs Smith. It was good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭disillusioned

I watched "RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD" - it was hilariously bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

La fille sur le pont - A great film. It looks beautiful, it sounds good, it's paced very well and it's got a lovely wit about it. Definitely one of the best films I've seen so far this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Assault on Precinct 13

And

The Isle

First one was pure entertainment, worth a watch, as for The Isle, its one of those movies where you have to just sit there and go...."Wtf..?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I ♥ Huckabees.

Interesting concept, story and very funny in parts but I couldn't help feel that the high concepts were a bit watered down to suit a broader audience (smacks of being just another American teen/indy film even despite it's profound questioning).

Good, but sadly not great. Recommended viewing all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

"Goodbye Lenin"
    Hilarious! :D

Hotel Rwanda. Makes you ashamed to be a well-off Westerner. It also shows you the consequences of all those vetoed votes in the U.N. Very good movie, very good and relevant story; a must see in otherwords.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

Sin City - it was excellent, especially mickey rourke (and of course jessica alba ;) )

BM.

EP3 at the weekend. excellent

HHGttG before that. ...meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

oceans 12.....emmm, didn't seem to make sense to me and the director ujsed so many different styles and camera angles it made me feel sick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭samo

RuggieBear wrote:
    oceans 12.....emmm, didn't seem to make sense to me and the director ujsed so many different styles and camera angles it made me feel sick

I had to ensure Oceans 12 on my flight home from lanzarote a few weeks beck and my god it was difficult on the eyes.... was not impressed. :(

Other than that watched Van Helsing last night (well actually only managed half of it) on the recommendation of a 'friend' who shall never be listened to again!!

Not my thing at all.

Metropolis. The scope of the story and the film was huge and I can't see how silent, black and white technology could have ever done it justice - it's just too constrained as a medium. I watched the remastered version with subtitles which explain what is happening at various parts of the film and also fill in the parts which have been lost to time; without these explanations this movie would have been dire to say the least but with them I could see that this film really was an amazing and impressive work.

This is recommended to all those people who are interested in films as an art form and not for people who purely want to be entertained by modern blockbusters. It makes you thank the Gods for sound ;) Classic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

man on fire....not bad but a bit slow

Sin City
    Loved it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Hide & Seek...good tension throughout (the little girl is a good actress) but the ending was a big let down.

Team America, woot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

RAY

was long but good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

The Shawshank Redemption. <3

Hellraiser - Deader...it was alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 electrode

Watched Pulp Fiction.

QT is a Genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Watched "Meet the Fockers"

An allright laugh.

Se7en. Totally brilliant, everything works perfectly and the acting is simply amazing; even with less then 5 minutes spacey is able to make a lasting impression. Freeman and Pitt are great together. Love this film :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Easily_Irritated

I watched Gothika, talk about a disappointment. When we were in xtra vision, some random came over and told me it would be really scary. And I stupidly thought deadly, it must be real terrifying.

It wasn't even remotely scary! Huge let down...

Can anyone suggest a real good honest to god scare the bejesus film to watch?

Last night: The Shawshank Redemption.
    Tonight: Batman Begins

Two good nights of movies :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Batman Begins.

Excellent movie, I loved how they delved into the bats character, his persona, his gadgets and his training. But unlike previous movies, they made everything more believable. Eg. they could have that type of batmobile vehicle nowadays. And the villians were believable with Liam Nesson giving another outstanding performance. Top movie, best of the year. 9/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Last night Body Shots absolutely terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Was watching that movie that was on TV3 or rte last night, not sure of the name.

The one with the pothead that got sent to a prep school, It was pretty good.
    "we laughed like bastards", best line i've heard in ages.

Anyone know the name of it?

• Advertisement

Mean Girls. I have to admit I kinda like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Batman Begins

without doubt the best film of 2005, at last batman the way it should be, bale is excellent as is murphy and neeson, rock on

this week >

Meet the Fockers.
    The Notebook.
    Flight of the Phoenix.
    Family Guy Season3_disk1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Half-Bicycle

Can anyone suggest a real good honest to god scare the bejesus film to watch?

The Shining.
    Seconds (dir. John Frankenheimer)
    Audition (Takashi Miike)
    and this one; Threads - if the board moderator will allow the link to be included; http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/cinema/features/threads.shtml
    scared the crap out of me and is worth tracking down.

Coach Carter - good storyline but Jackson as usual brilliant

Watched batman begins a few hours ago, not too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Dodgeball...............again :D

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. Umm not really that interesting to be honest I'm not certain why it's so popular on IMDB it just strikes me as a mediocre film with the very gay John Wayne saying "pilgrim" over and over again and a very dull bad guy who says "dude" a lot and doesn't really act that mean. I mean I could have also killed him if I hid in an alleyway while he stumbled about drunk, blah, pass on this folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

busy day:

1. Howls moving Castle: entertaining, but the plot wasnt brought over well enough

2.Mr and Mrs Smith: The War of the roses with guns and a stupid plot.

3. Ed Wood: Entertaining Burton film, but ignorance is bliss for the most entertainment.

4. All That Jazz: One of the best films i have seen in years, Bob Fosse has captivated me, the ending scene is amazing and the film has alot of energy created by the actual filmmaking and not special effects or CGI.

order of prefence:

All That Jazz

Howls moving castle

Ed wood

Mr and Mrs Smith.

oh and i saw The Passion of Joan of Arc a few nights ago...WOW! powerfull stuff (the back story of the actual film is almost as amazing as the film itself.)

Watched Darby O'Gill and the little people yesterday. Fantastic stuff.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement