Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Battlestar Gallactica mini-series. ooooh!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭K2

I felt it was average, admittately a fan of the original but it was 45 mins before anything blew up in part 1, and the "big" battle scene in part 2 was a damp affair. there were some good points - eye candy and the new versions of the cylons were cool. Is the mini series being shown any time soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

twas ok i suppose. think it's on again at the weekend all at once, but i wasn't impressed enough to watch it again.

don't think stargate has a lot to worry about just yet anyway.

i'd heard there was a bit of uproar in the states about the 'sex' scenes, but i was decidedly underwhelmed when i saw what their idea of 'sex' was. thought they were supposed to be trying to keep us geeks happy! sex and sci-fi. hhhmmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

When you consider that the mini-series was a pilot of sorts for a new full-fledged series it's excellent.

Pilots are almost always a pale shadow of what the series turns out to be like. B5, DS9, TNG all had rather poo pilots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Thought it was most excellent. Nice cliff hanger at the end, kept me wanting more.

Exactly the way a pilot for a series should :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

Sci Fi and Sky have teamed up for 13 episodes more.

Go into production this year.

I thought it was very good. Excellant and quite space above and beyond in the sound effects of battle scenes etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Advertisement