Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM03/04 Network Game!

Options
  • 18-11-2003 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

The only way I can play championship manager is online as I get bored playing on my own without any competition so I have decided to set up an online game for the new game when it comes out on Friday. I am playing a cm01/02 network game ATM with about 7 others but I would prefer to have a load of Irish playing together. I don't mind what league we play but we can choose that before we start.

I can't host so we will need anyone with good, fast broadband to host. Since there is no good broadband in Ireland I have somoeone lined up to host if you like.

-I will give every team a number and we will pick the teams that way (or if you like we can all pick our team of chocie).

-You will have to have MSN messenger as it is a lot easier to chat to each other because the in-game chat slows the game down an awful lot.

-We will play at times that suit everyone but I would prefer Monday and Wedensday evenings, 8.00-11.00 and Saturday or Sunday morning.

-We can start sometime next week to give everyone a chance to get used to the game.

-I have 56k but a fast computer so I will be OK but if you have 56k and a slow computer it will slow the game down a lot so make sure you have either broadband or a fast comp or both.

-A password will be provided before each session to prevent unwanted people entering the game.

-Since you will be able to make CM03/04 continue automatically after a certain time limit you will have to be quick. We will have about 10/15 minutes before every session for transfers and stuff like that.

Everyone who wants to join please PM your hotmail/MSN adress to me and I will get everyone into a convo sometime next week where we can chat about times, teams, etc.

If you have never played online before it is simple. The host sets up a game and gives all the members the IP (this is like a phone number which every computer has). Each member then goes to "join network game" and enters the IP. you will then be connected to the hosts computer and you play as normal except you will have a limited amount of time before pressing continue.

Just reply to this post and PM me your msn/hotmail address and you are in. Simple as that.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I've had a few PM's already but please also reply to this post if you want to join so we can keep track. And remember it is for CM03/04 which isn't out til Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Big al

not really a good idea running it on cm03/04, if si games are true to form, 03/04 will be bugged and you are better off waiting for a few patches first.

Personally i never buy them when they first come out as they have always been buggy.

But i'm interetsed none the less

Big al - I know CM always contains bugs but SI have ran a few seasons of a network game with all the lads in the office (and get paid for it:mad: ) and they had little to no problems. Also, the first patch has already been released and you can get it here

Anyone else want a bit of real competition? Imagine having a load of boards members fighting for top spot! C'mon! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I got a of question about a network game that i hope someone can help me out on. In say a two player game when player one is busy (tactics, training or searching for new players) what does player two see.

I dont like playing two player games because you can always see what your opponent is doing and if you bid on a player they know how much you bid ect and if you find a bargain then so do they.

Anyway any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Nolimits
    I got a of question about a network game that i hope someone can help me out on. In say a two player game when player one is busy (tactics, training or searching for new players) what does player two see.

I dont like playing two player games because you can always see what your opponent is doing and if you bid on a player they know how much you bid ect and if you find a bargain then so do they.

Anyway any help would be appreciated.
    When another player is doing his stuff, you just play as you would normally without anyone else. But when another player presses continue you will see an icon in the bottom of the corner telling you that the player is waiting but you can still play on until you like and vice versa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

eireboy,

Must all players have the patch installed?

Originally posted by plazz2000
    eireboy,

Must all players have the patch installed?
    yep. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Big al

did this ever get off the ground, if so i would be interested in joining if possible (as the bro got me 0304 for xmas :cool: )

there wasn't enough interest but I'd still love to get one going as I get bored after 2 seasons playing offline. Since the game is out a couple of months maybe there more interest now.

Anyone Else???

BTW - We still need a host with BB and good computer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

I'll play, but I won't be able to host

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭wheelbarrow

I`d be on for this.....

We can start as soon as we can get someone to host with Broadband. Anyone???

I'm up for this.

What does the host have to do? Maybe if you make a list of the responsibilities and system requirements of the host, you could get more volunteers.

Starting a thread on sigames.com and thedugout.net looking for Irish players might be a good idea, too.

What does the host have to do?
    All the host has to have is Broadband and a reliable computer. They set up the game and they have to be there for every session because they are the only one with the saved game. I don't even think we would need to ask on sigames because there seems to be enough interest as it is.

BTW - Everyone would need to have the latest patch installed which is about 40mb so it would take about 4 hours to download on 56k.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

i may be interested. may.

Big Ears - Would you be able to host?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

Id be interested but would not be able to host

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I may be interested and i would be able to host. Your gonna need to pm me to tell me how to do it though cause ive never done it b4

Ok, Nolimits has kindly decided to host the game so the game should be starting soon. You will HAVE to have the latest patch (4.1.3) downloaded otherwise it is not possible for you to join.

The provisional list of members so far is:
    me
    Nolimits
    Big al
    ChumpStain
    wheelbarrow
    plazz2000
    Big Ears
    watman

There is still room for about 2 more players but if some of the members above can't make it someone can take their place.

If you are interested give me a PM with your hotmail/MSN address and post (in this thread) your prefered days, times and leagues. We could pick our own team or I could do a draw for the teams. Also (if we are playing the premiership, Serie A or La Liga) I could take out the top 5 or 6 teams in the league to make it fairer, its up to you.

We should get this started by the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

every site i go on to it wont let me download the patch. where did you eireboy download it if you can please put a link to the site

• Advertisement

Originally posted by phenom
    every site i go on to it wont let me download the patch. where did you eireboy download it if you can please put a link to the site
    4.1.4 is out now:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=368

I reckon all mirrors have been changed as SIGAMES have released Patch 4.14

Links to Mirrors
    http://www.cmfreaks.dk/download/patch/Patch_04.1.4.exe

http://www.throw-in.com/index.cfm?menuid=5&type=download&action=detail&downid=49

ok cheers:D

downloading the patch at the mo . Eirebhoy do you want to do the network game on the new patch?

eirebhoy -> I am going to have to pull out of CM Network Game .. Increased Work Load here at Work means i wont have much time for gaming for the next few weeks.
    Hopefully you ll get a replacement.

Originally posted by phenom
    Eirebhoy do you want to do the network game on the new patch?
    yeah, it should make the game a lot more stable.

ok if its alright with you i will be up for it

Originally posted by watman
    eirebhoy -> I am going to have to pull out of CM Network Game .. Increased Work Load here at Work means i wont have much time for gaming for the next few weeks.
    Hopefully you ll get a replacement.
    no problem, it looks like we have a ready made replacement in phenom if he wants.

who are the people doing the network game

What's the latest on the network game, eirebhoy?

• Advertisement

What's the latest on the network game, eirebhoy?
    I really couldn't be arsed setting one up anymore. Someone else should give it a go.

Advertisement