Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pentium 833 for cs/bf???

• 18-11-2003 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

would a 833mhz pentium with a GF MX440 64Mb and 128mb ram be powerful enough to run cs or battlefield?
    Is it worth spending anymore on a more powerful gfx card with a machine this old?

Any advice?
    Cheers all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i used to run battlefield grand enough on an 850mhz p3 and a geforce 2mx however i had 512mb of ram. if i was you i wouldn't upgrade the graphics card but the ram especially if you are running windows xp

other points to note is you have an 833mhz p3 which means you have a 133mhz FSB compared to my 100mhz FSB which means that i'd say you chip if faster then mine and takes advantage of 133mhz sdram

so what i'm trying to say is it should run ok for you (just see what niceties you have to turn off) and i think cs has lower system specs then bf so.....

good luck

data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

you can run it but u will get bad fps at times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Thanks fellas,
    Im not actaully replacing any gfx card as it only has on board gfx at the moment.
    Its really just a second machine that i ended up with and i would like to be able to play two player bf or cs when any mates call over.

just need to keep an eye out for a 2nd hand card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I have a 500MHz P3 with a Geforce MX100/200. Runs CS fine. Dont have BF. Make sure ya have the lastest drivers.

Advertisement