Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

anyone for a civic coupe SRi ???!

Options
  • 18-11-2003 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

just 1 prev lady owner, loads of timewasters who cant get insurace.

car is pristine condition, nct in 2 weeks, taxed, motion sensing alarm/immob, 16" alloys, the works.

130bhp vtec.

cost to you.........6,950 euros...

i could have got 7,000 for this car in june, cash, PLUS a 95 mondeo.......(ahem), but i wasnt having a 95 mondeo with a hitch and no indicator stick.......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

this is a picture for all to see........:ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

looks nice! Are you sure her son didnt own it? Those wheels dont come as standard with the car itsself. Lovely bit of horsepower there, but how many miles are on the clock?

nooooooo

the lady who owned it was a owner of a chinese restaurant in dublin 1, really! she was asian,

i am the next owner, i spent about 1000Euro on the alloys in august. they are 16"

the milage is trivial when we are talking with hondas, but its 78k......it got a fsh as well.

i believe its one of the few vtec coupes in irealnd, there was only about 5 sold when they came out i was told.

im not selling for less than my asking price......else i will keep her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Why were the alloys so dear?
    Do you have the original wheels?
    What are they?
    Its it jap import?
    Is it automatic?
    Do you have a service history for it?
    Where do you get it serviced?
    78k miles or km?

I can't afford it but those would be the questions I'd be asking. I used to have CRX and they are lovely motors. The insurance is a killer though. If I had the money I'd definately buy another. But it would need 4 doors : (

you know as much as i do that alloys dont come cheap, especially for quality ones like these......lock nuts and low profile tyres.

its an irish car......auto??? are you mad!! we are not in australia!

its 78k miles, and i got a fsh, (since i owned the car anyway, since 2 years)

anyway, you cant afford it, so no point going on anymore......

• Advertisement

80% of those coupes are imports and automatics to the fact that its is an Irish one is HUGE difference to anyone buying it. Plus the fact you have some SH. You should be putting that info in your add it will add about 1K to €500 to the price someone is willing to pay and you'll shift it quicker.

Thats all mate...

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Cosworth

What year is it??

its 1997

as for the previous post, i dont know about 80% being imports, i know about 90% of the civics and integras are from japan, but im not sure about the coupe.

also, 95% of coupes in ireland are ls models, ie: non vtec,

this is sr model.

anymore questions?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

shall I throw it on its head ;) ?

All EK Civic Coupes were actually built in the US of A :)
    Previous models, i.e. the EG Civic Coupe , were made in Malayasia and Japan

as for 90% being Japanese imports in Ireland - I've never seen an EK Civic Coupe import, and as already pointed out, rarer still are the VTEC incarnation of them in Ireland - however, the UK has plenty of VTis

As for the price - its good, but will be even better when the car gets its NCT - throw the add up on Jspeed.net when its got its NCT - you never know, someone on there might want it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Cant argue with ondafly, cause both of us know our Civics :)

Coupe chassis are pretty good and really benefit from a front upper strut bar in the engine bay (if anyone is interested! :))

I've seen 2 EK Coupe VTi's in total in Ireland, one light blue/grey one in Cork and another in Dublin. They get imported from Honda UK, sold as irish cars, but dont get the A/C treatment as per UK VTi spec.

• Advertisement

Well i dunno what the EK or EG models are. I lost interest in the CIVIC's once they went all soft and ugly. When I was looking for Mrk2 SiR CRX's I saw a few imports coups that were VTEC and automatic and manuals ones that were non VTEC but I seem to recall that they were all 1600's. I could be mixing up the last (current) body shape with the older more rounded one though. I was looking for CRX's and not really looking too hard at the coupes.

I should have said 90% of the coupes "I've" seen :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

Ricardo most likely the civic coupes you saw were most likely the EGs , now thats a rare car to see in an Irish format. Everyone remembers the 3 black ones in the Fast and Frustrated.

EF = 87 to 91 ?
    EG = 91 to 1996
    EK = 96 to 00
    EP = 00 to now

Then they throw a number after them (this tells you the model type)

EG6 = Honda Civic 91 to 96 in SiR mode :)
    EK9 = Honda Civic from 96 to 00 in Type R format :)
    EG5 = 1.5 SOHC VTEC
    EG4 = 1.5 Dual carb

etc etc

my honda is deffo a vtec, and you are correct, its made in the u.s of a. it says it on the engine block,

it got a vtec solenoid, and just got almost 130bph. maybe 128 bhp.

its a 1.6ISR thats what the badge says on the back, also got a vtec badge.

i will try advertising on the site you mentioned.

im doing the nct next week, no worries.....

insurance is a problem for everyone who rang me, 3 grand etc......

ridiculous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understood that Universal Honda Motors Limited (essentially as close are you're gonna get to "Honda Ireland") never imported the 1.6iSR Coupe? (have a 1.6iLS myself) It's my understanding that any SR's going around are UK imports... hence there are only about 5 in the country!

ondafly: I didn't think Honda's was making cars in Malaysia yet (ie is the plant open, if so, it's not open longer than 6 months)? They had engines and other bits made there, but not sure about actual cars.

Also, the EG coupe, you sure that is not made in the US aswell? Need to see a chassis number... if it starts with 1H or 2H it's US built.

(PS. Just got an insurance quote on an SR: 739 euro... hehe!)

it maybe a uk import, but who cares??? its not like they make hondas in ireland anyway is it!

thats the same quote i would get, i might get a cheaper tpft one. but its irrelevant now.

there is less than 5 in ireland.......how many have been written off?!! there was 5 sold in 1997, the dealer told me.........i wouldnt think there is much more on the road

UK import = RUST, unless it has been properly undersealed.

does it look like having rust from the pic?

i dont think so, unless im gong blind ^^

i got it balanced a while ago around the time i put on the alloys and not a sign of rust underneath.....

anyway, why should uk cars have rust? and it was made in america, so that makes it an american car?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

you should try " buy and sell " as there is only certain type of people looking for this kind of car and unusual status may apply in 2013 as at the moment it's only another civic. .... being coupe doesn't help when comes to insurance.

does it look like having rust from the pic?
    I can't see underneath it!
    anyway, why should uk cars have rust?
    Because in the UK they *salt* and grit the roads in the winter time. Here they only grit the roads.

I'm not messing with you, but rust on (some) UK imports has been a problem for a long time... a mate bought a 94 Vectra in the UK and one of the rear suspension towers was on the verge of coming into the boot, as the rust on the body around it was that bad... In this case it hadn't been properly undersealed, or not undersealed at all.

well, you can have a look for rust if thats your fancy.

aye, its hard to sell it, but im quite content to keep good care fo her until she finds a new home )

anyone over 24 should get a resonable quote, i was 26 when i got it.

• Advertisement

i am almost 99% certain that my car has never seen light of day on uk roads........

i got thae car in sept 2001, and the car was registered in possibly jan 1997. it was bought in a renowed honda dealer in swords, by a chinese lady, i was the next registered owner......

unless she drove it abroad, which i cant confirm nor deny, i dont think its been in use past our wonderful roads.....

in any even, its all trivial, this car is the dogs bo**&^!!

Advertisement