Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

See throughable water and other GL stuff

Options
  • 27-10-1999 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

I saw at dubLAN that Mindphuck managed to get see throughable water on dm3 without useing a hacked map? What command did you use for this man?

Also , how do you get ti so its clearer under-water (you were showing lorc how to do this)

Any other GL commands anyone thinks I should know about would be apprecated too.

Thanks.

Pres

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

its not a GL command.
    its only in v2.33 of qwcl as well.
    read your documentation smile.gif
    muhahaha god i'm helpful today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

The seethrough water in GLQW is a cheat. To get the water to go clear in normal QW, get version 2.33 (I think) and use

v_contentblend 0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

he was running a server with "watervis 1"
    qwsv default is 0

run qwsv, type in "watervis 1" at the server , then connect and set your r_wateralpha to somewhere between 1 and 0 at the qwcl console (0 is transparent)
    then type "r_novis 1", you should be able to see through the water

[This message has been edited by Koopa (edited 28-10-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

But beware.... r_novis will cut your frame rate in two....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Steve Jobs

A very valuable GL command is:

Creatvty+Kolor_Purspecs=Betathanpeece

You gotta use it in v2.33 and it makes your monitor look all aqua and sexy funky.
    With furthur upgrades you'll get malibu tangerine and jet black metallic effects.

PS- As a bonus, if you send a pm with this command activated, you can actually electrocut the person you address.
    The add-on command is:
    Met_Alkondukts
    It uses advanced induction coil technology and is very potent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

The see through water is a command which is server side - watervis 1. It is not a cheat.

its not a cheat.. its a server option. Thankfully, the irish servers dont have this option enabled, but if you really wanted to cheat you could use a waterhacked map!

To get clear water get qw2.33 and use v_contentblend

[This message has been edited by MindPhuck (edited 28-10-99).]

Advertisement