Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LAN problems, HELP!!!

Options
  • 18-11-2003 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

have 2 pc's on my LAN both running xp,
    i can read shared files/folders no problem.

here's my problem i cant conect to the internet from 1 pc trough the other, i don't know where the problem lies but i have to get it sorted soon for when i get broadband.

here's the brand of the hardware: pc line 10/100 networking kit

model: pcl-nw100

done what it said in the manual but no luck.

hope someone can help me,

jozi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

Look up windows XP builtin help for "Internet Connection Sharing" or "ICS"...i'd offer you help about it but I don't have XP :rolleyes:

If that fails, try the following:
    - Disable all firewalls. This includes any firewalls that may be hidden inside anti-virus software (look closely at any AV software you have installed). If this works, look up the help file of the firewall for information on how to allow connection sharing, or how to "act as an internet gateway"..... or something along those lines.
    - Make sure the IP address of the computer with the internet connection is 192.168.0.1, and the other one is either set to get it's IP automatically OR is set to 192.168.0.2

If that fails, buy a router....

hth,
    andrew.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

thanks for that, going to try it now lets hope this work

Brendan

Advertisement