Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I got a gamecube today...its really cool but...

Options
  • 18-11-2003 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Why doesnt Nintendo advertise this baby? Its so slick...

I cant remember seeing this advertised at all ever...except for the game metroid prime...but thats it!

I mean its so good. I think it looks really cute. I used to hate the controller but its real slick now im used to it. I

I got the Zelda pack with Clone Wars(Star Wars) and 007 Nightfire(no bounty hunters left) and of course with Mario Kart for 150 euro. Thats amazing value and i just picked up the controller and started playing...as simple as that. Loving it.

I put on Zelda 1 and i was like "Good god this is terrible...) so i skipped to the 2'nd most recent one Zelda Ocarina of time. and this is a slick game. Im really really enjoying it. Story is amazing so far and everything about the game is so cool.

I played 007: Nightfire and was equally impressed. Great game.

Havent played mario kart double dash yet cos i know its great, played it in mates house already.

Im just really thrilled with the cube and dont understand why its not advertised ever. Also, about these rumours about the cube going...is there any substance in this?

Cheers guys...

Oh yeah...can you recommend me some good games for the cube too?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

It is crazy the lack of advertising. They really could do well if they invested a bit of money in advertising and marketing.

Some good games are: Metroid Prime, Super Smash Bros. Melee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

Oh yeah, i have a ps2 as well and dont want any games that i can just play on the PS2. I dont see how the graphics are worse than the ps2 so far...they seem about the same if not better sometimes...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Ninento in Europe is generally sloppy, a lot of good games dont even make it to us, they dont try nearly hard enough in Europe, so they dont advertise and whatnot, which is a bit of a shame because PS2 adverts and X-box ones are pretty common on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

/me reachs over and looks at pile of gc games

here we go

resident evil 1
    resident evil 0
    wave race blue storm
    luigi's mansion
    super mario sunshine
    ikaruga
    pikmin
    soul calibur 2(best of the 3 consoles tbh)
    zelda: the wind waker
    metroid prime
    eternal darkness
    f-zero gx
    super smash brothers melee
    animal crossing

and if you like that kind of thing

skies of arcadia
    pn03(very much an aquired taste, rock hard and repetitive(read old school) and poses a very great rick of rsi after playing)
    star fox adventures(another aquired taste, a poor zelda clone with a certain charm)

viewtiful joe is another one that seems to cause copious amounts of furious mastubation at the very mention of it, must be good. importmaddness.co.uk seem content with ****ng me over so i aint played it yet.

• Advertisement

all those games you mentioned are deadly(from what ive read and talked about)...not to mention the new rogue squadron 3 (drool).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

The reviews of Rogue Squadron 3 haven't been that great to be honest. I have RS2 and it's a bloody good game, tough but really enjoyable. Zelda is pure class, Nintendo have a certain way of producing amzingly fun and adictive games. I only bought my Cube recently so I've a lot of catching up to do. Mario, Monkey Ball, Metroid, Eternal Darkness, Double Dash and Prince of Persia are on my list. The only PS2 game I really want is Pro Evo 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Disco stu why is soul caliber 2 best on the cube? not questioning your opinion just wondering why? graphics, extra characters etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    Disco stu why is soul caliber 2 best on the cube? not questioning your opinion just wondering why? graphics, extra characters etc?

The fact that Link is a playable character:D

fair enough :) does each version have its special character?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

each one has a different one, the xbox has spawn who is just as bad as necrid and heihachi from tekken is on the ps2. link as out of place as it may seem he actually fits in quite well, is the best moves wise and as strange as it may seem the gamecube pad is fantastic for it, you couldnt get any better without an arcade stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Good choice of console :D i love the cube..i was reading a magazine today that referred to it as "The lowly cube" (as far as graphics are concerned) but fawned all over the ps2. Id LOVE to see the ps2 pull off some of the stuff cube does. No way in hell could ps2 ever do Resident Evil like the cude, or Zelda, Metroid, or rogue squadron. Cube SH*TS all over ps2 for graphics.
    Anyway, good games
    Eternal darkness
    Resi evil 1 + 0
    Metroid
    Zelda

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

I recommend Timesplitters 2, excellent multiplayer with a tonne of options.

Single player is fun too, especially co-op :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I'm currently enjoying the insanely addictive Super Monkey Ball 2. What a game... parts of it are like Teletubbies on acid but the gameplay is absolutely massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    resident evil 1
    resident evil 0
    wave race blue storm
    luigi's mansion
    super mario sunshine
    ikaruga
    pikmin
    soul calibur 2(best of the 3 consoles tbh)
    zelda: the wind waker
    metroid prime
    eternal darkness
    f-zero gx
    super smash brothers melee
    animal crossing
    What he said... and for the multiplayer super monkey ball 2. get viewtiful joe as well, tis next on my shopping list! metroid and zelda kick ass, im bout 2/3 through wind waker just stopped for a while to play f-zero and mario kart! :D wouldnt mind getting rogue leader too, it can be had very cheaply 2nd hand. ive my cube 3 months now and its destroyed any interest i may ever have had in any of the other consoles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I just realised last night when I was thinking about breaking my PS2 over my knee after nuking my own characters again in Final Fantasy Tactics, that I've really only used my PS2 to play through my vast back log of PS1 games and have played hardly any PS2 games and most of the ones that I did play were imports. I'm getting far more play time from my Gamecube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Buy pikmin, if you buy anything for the cube, buy pikmin, its the only game i've played that has impressed me as much as giants: citizen kabuto or planescape torment. Really......buy pikmin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I'll take your Zelda 1 disc off your hands if you don't want it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Adrian

Xbox and Game Cube should, if this was a perfect world, be selling far more then Playstation 2 because they are way better. Playstation 2 games are getting quite dated with gameplay and graphics while Xbox and GameCube are still going strong producing some great games. I personally think the Xbox is overall winner for games but that is my oppinion. Gamecube games are mostly party games. Not much good 1 player games come out for it and the only ones that do are platformers. Not that platforms are bad or anything but that is really all the cube gets.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Actually I prefer my Playstation 2 to the xbox and it's abundance or dull and unimaginative action games. However in online multiplayer xbox is a lot better (not too big a fan of online play though).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

I cant remember seeing this advertised at all ever

eh !
    when it first came out, they had those adverts where there was stuff going on ina cube , like a woman would be there and a guy would look at her necklace(cube) and sharks would be swimming in it and ****, that was only 1, theres was 2 or 3 more.
    and they were on alot.

Better than crap ps2 adverts, new one is kinda Xtreme though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by Adrian
    Xbox and Game Cube should, if this was a perfect world, be selling far more then Playstation 2 because they are way better. Playstation 2 games are getting quite dated with gameplay and graphics while Xbox and GameCube are still going strong producing some great games. I personally think the Xbox is overall winner for games but that is my oppinion. Gamecube games are mostly party games. Not much good 1 player games come out for it and the only ones that do are platformers. Not that platforms are bad or anything but that is really all the cube gets.

while I would agree with you to an extent but....The gamecube has a fair ammount of good single player games , what about Zelda, Metroid Prime ,Eternal darkness the Rez evil games , Viewtiful Joe , Star Fox Adventures , Rogue squadron 2 , Pikmin

thats nto even including multy platform games like Prince of persia , Beyond good and evil ETC ETC

Thats just off the top of my head im sure I forgot loads , so its kinda unfair to say it has no good single player games apart from platformers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Fianna

If you're into Final Fantasy style RPGs then you should have a look at Skies Of Arcadia.

That game reminded me so much of the feel of FFVII, really great game.

I am really liking this cube...where have i been for the past year and a half? I definitely blame the advertising. Ive seen tons of xbox and ps2 ads and no nintendo ad's. Nor has anyone else ive spoken too...

The ps2 is slowly starting to look outdated in my eyes...the XBOX will never be a machine of mine because it doesnt have Pro 3 or Grand theft auto series as soon as its released. And just because the specs of the xbox are so great doesnt mean it is...

Originally posted by Fianna
    If you're into Final Fantasy style RPGs then you should have a look at Skies Of Arcadia.

That game reminded me so much of the feel of FFVII, really great game.

is it only available on the cube?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    is it only available on the cube?

Dreamcast also ;) fantastic game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Whats fifa 2004 like?

ok wish pro 3 came to gamecube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Glad to see you like your Cube. Haven't really thought of advertising since I don't need to notice it really. You should send Nintendo an email and give them some feedback, then maybe we'll see more purple :cool:.

Enjoy.

Advertisement