Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I got a gamecube today...its really cool but...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by tallpaul
    I'm currently enjoying the insanely addictive Super Monkey Ball 2. What a game... parts of it are like Teletubbies on acid but the gameplay is absolutely massive.

the original monkey ball is worth it just for monkey target (the most fun multiplayer game to play drunk in a long time) i have monkey ball 2 ordered and am eagerly awaiting its arrrival. monkey soccer here i come:p

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Originally posted by smiaras
    All in all you'd be better importing one of the Winning Eleven series.

Have ISS2 (ISS 3 was a step backwards) but was thinking of importing one of the Winning Eleven series alright. Why don't they get off their asses and port this title for a european audience. It'd sell bucketloads.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Finished Skies of Arcadia about 2 weeks ago. Fantastic game and well worth getting if your an RPG fan. Reminded me a little of Suikoden with all the base building character recruitment and different battle styles.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Nintendo of Europe deserve anal probing if we dont get Tales Of Symphonia, that game looks cool but i couldnt imagine playing through an RPG in Japanese! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Fianna

I was addicted to Skies Of Arcadia until I had to start college, haven't played it since. Gotta get back into it...

Love to play it on the Dreamcast, just to compare. Anybody know if it's the same story? A straight port? I take it the graphics were improved on for the GC, but any extras?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

the gamecube one is called skys of arcadia legends and as far as i know its different...couldnt tell you how exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Noticing Nintendo's slightly skewed marketing approach to our fair gaming Isle, and that one or two people have decided to take action, i've joined in. I just sent the following email to Nintendo Europe's PR department under the title of Dissatisfactory European Strategy:

To whom it may concern,

For months now i've been a happy gameboy advance owner with several very good games, for what has to be the best handheld system i've ever seen. I also own several other computer systems. These include a dreamcast, playstation 2, xbox and pc. The reason i'm telling you this is, i've had these systems for quite some time and have always been interested in buying a gamecube, especially since some brilliant games like Zelda and Metroid are exclusive, being as how you design them. I was content to sit back and wait, and maybe get one in a few months, and I kept telling myself I would. I have been doing this now since the gamecube came out.

Your recent initative's has pushed me to get a gamecube, and within the next few weeks I intend to purchase one with several games. However if you visit the following site: www.boards.ie and navigate to the games forum and then to the games threads, you'll notice you have a lot of extremely disattisfied customers in both Ireland and England. I was looking forward to getting the Zelda bonus disc along with Super Monkey Ball 2 and several other games, now I find that while other Nintendo divisions are offering this disc free with any of 2 games etc, you are charging an obscene amount of stars, and even then it's only a chance you will get it.

Why are you doing this to us. I do want to buy a gamecube, and all the fantastic accompanying games, but you seem to be mistreating Ireland even though Ireland is a good market for any technology. Just look at the success the psx garnered. Ireland had the highest amount of psx's sold per head of population in the world, second only to Japan. We're a bigger market for your company and your products than even America, yet you continue to mistreat and ignore us.

Just letting you know that you have many disattisfied customers, and many more to come.

My email on it's own won't do any good, specially seen as how I haven't gotten my cube yet, but if everyone were to send one, take action etc, changes might finally be made, non?

Only one way to find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Coming towards finishing Eternal Darkness for the first time. Already preparing to do it all over again. :) Damn great game. Pity it's so easy. <sigh>

I've Metroid Prime too, and it's just jaw-droppingly great. Just got Ikaruga the other day too. Also brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Coming towards finishing Eternal Darkness for the first time. Already preparing to do it all over again. Damn great game. Pity it's so easy
    well you have to complete eternal darkness 3 times to get all the endings...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

About Skies of Arcadia. The GC game is a straight port with a few new discoveries and wanted battles. Also the random encounter rate has been dropped to something a bit more tolerable.

Advertisement