Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting 7650 to a Pc

Options
  • 18-11-2003 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

I want to connect my 7650 to my pc most likely using a bluetooth connector and Pc suite.

Anyone know where to get the bluetooth connectors ?
    Mate said he got one in Peats but I don't want to go in looking stupid if they don't sell them.

Thanks
    Ste-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, there are a huge variety of USB ones about these days - there are many vendors so check their support site to make sure they are providing up-to-date drivers / decent support

peats sell them alright details here (ring to check stock level in-store though)

so do komplett details here

or the likes of expansys.com details here

for a top quality adapter is TDK is one of the best (they just brough out a new version with better range so make sure you either buy new or get a good deal on the older one), Belkin is also good...

search the wireless board for "bluetooh" and "7650" and you should pull up a fair few posts on the subject - would recommend you buy an adapter that supplies the Widcomm Bluetooth software for Wndows (check the vendors support website for details - or ask back)

BrinG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Thanks for the reply gonna head into Peats on Friday (payday) see what I can pickup up.

Most likely get this one

Ste-

couldn't find a website, let alone a support site, with info on that product - so good luck :)

BrianG

Second thoughts,

I've noticed a few people talk about MSI.
    I assume this one would be ok ?
    I found a site which means drivers available etc and there's threads aout setting them up.
    I'm thinking that would be the best ?

Thanks for the help. :D
    Ste-

yeah the MSI has worked for others in the past

when you do install it these steps might help get you set-up

BrianG

• Advertisement

also...

make sure your supplied Bluetooth drivers are as up-to-date as those on the MSI Support Site

and you are using the latest Nokia 7650 PC Suite

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭manchine

I got an older version of this one (MSI) http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&sku=117861&p=&t=&l=&AvdID=1&CatID=&GrpID=&cks=SER
    from Komplett and it works a treat with everything I've tried - 7650 included.
    Bought it online and had it in my hands less than 24 hours later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

I bought the TDK Bluetooth Adapter from

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/

It was 35 odd sterling......arrived in about 3 days :-)
    I didn't have to fax over any cc details like you had to do for expansis!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

Be carefull,....
    I bought the Belkin bluetooth USB adaptor........and Iv had to re-format because of it!

if u make one mistake in configuring it, It puts little bits and peices of itself *everywhere*, changes *every* outgoing connection to bluetooth, and slows down ur pc no end.

I ended up with my PC having 10 second lags every 2mins,... and *I* have 2 x 512 mbs of ram! and very few proggies running in background.

In 12 years of computing its one technology im gonna avoid like the plague on PC's.

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Zion

Got the MSI USB one as well for quite a long time with the 7650. Very happy with it.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Dawntreader
    Be carefull,....
    I bought the Belkin bluetooth USB adaptor........and Iv had to re-format because of it!

that sounds rough :( - what OS were you running?

Belkin uses the same core Bluetooth Windows offering asmany other manufacturers (from Widcomm) - there were many revisions of the Widcomm software released though - so it's always worth while checking the vendors support site for the latest versions (each vendor supplies a version for their adapter)

have to say - i've installed plenty of adapters in my time and never had as bad an experience as you (touch wood) - i've had clean installs and uninstalls particularly with the Widcomm software

it's a big enough update to a system installing many COM ports and virtual lan adapters and integrating into windows explorer - so it's needs to have as clean an install as you can give it (i.e. having it running on it's own when intalling)

hope you have better luck next time
    BrianG

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I used the MSI one with my 7650 and as long as you have the XP supported software of the Nokia Software suite you'll be fine. Now using the adaptor with the T610 and it works perfectly.

After bout an hour attempting to get it to work (drunkinly) I got it going and worked a treat.
    :D

Thanks everyone for all the help especially DubWireless.

Ste-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

Brian, W98se . Dont like t'others much ;)

Still scared ****less to plug the thing back in, if it hadnt been for my 2nd 3gig HD I use for backups i woulda been royally phucked, still lost 4 months of stuff tho ;/ (Not as big a deal since geddin BB hehehe)

B

Advertisement