Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Morris in yet another rape claim

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Its not another rape claim, its the same one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

At this stage you have to feel a bit sorry for him, as Im sure he realises that his once bright career is pretty much over. I remember when he was a young fella at chelsea he was one of the great young players to get in CM. Now he is going the way of stan collymore "I was great that time...remember"

Since the police have actually charged him and its not a newspaper this time Im presuming he is in big big trouble. If a judge/jury found him guilty I would think they would throw the whole fcukin library, let alone the book, at him to set an example (as they should if he is guilty)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

As he's been charged this goes up to a whole new level
    in other words the fuzz think he did it and so does the CPS. He's fvcked I'd say regardless of the verdict.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I thought Pennant was released without charge.

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Jermaine was released, I'm sure the fuzz will want to keep tabs on him though. As for Jody, how many times has that lad been up in court for this that and the other over the years? He's an idiot and now his football career is finished. His book will be pretty interesting whenever he decides to get someone to write it for him !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Pennant was released on bail pending further enquires, Which is still pritty bad......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

pennant is a bit weird..

Last season he was on loan at Watford, and as my boss has a bunch of watford season tickets I saw him a few times..

When he scored no one ever went over to him, or when he setup a goal he would shake hands but it screamed "billy no mates" - Im told it was due to the fact he was like, "Im great and your all first division players"

I dont know how the leeds players react to him, but if he has an attitude problem I cant see him making it at arsenal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND
    pennant is a bit weird..

I dont know how the leeds players react to him, but if he has an attitude problem I cant see him making it at arsenal

Yeah true i cant see him as an Arsenal player 4 much longer....he will be sold

...and to think Pennant was supposed to be one of England's new stars when Arsenal robbed him from Notts County all those years ago...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND
    pennant is a bit weird.....

everyone at arsenal is weird he'll fit in perfectly!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 201 ✭✭Rodney Trotter

At this stage you have to feel a bit sorry for him

You have got to be joking! This situation is entirely self-inflicted on a jerk who has a history of unsuitable behaviour. If he was any way normal he wouldn't have been effectively sacked by Chelsea. They gave him plenty of notice they were not interested in having him around.

If he's found guilty, I hope he gets about 20 years and is never seen on a football field again.

As for Pennant? Looking at him and listening to him you can quite easily see he's not very bright. He's on the slippery slope downwards and Liam Brady's judgement in paying £2m for him as a 15 YO is money well wasted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Pennant was questioned he has not been charged with anything People. Lets not fall into the trap of crucifying people befor they are found guilty of a crime. They would be the first to be accused in the wrong and considering the alledged offence took place at a time there was a media frenzy regarding the Newcastle 6 a footballer commiting such a crime would have to be very very stupid.

That said anyone guilty of such a crime deserves life.

Muppet, nobody said that Pennant was charged with anything. Nobody said he was guilty of anything except for being 'a bit weird' and 'not very bright'.

I didn't say anyone accused him of any offence, just urging caution in the circumstances. Its in some peoples nature to jump on the bandwagon and knock people when they are down and we have all seen the damage false allegations can cause.

As for the CPS and Cops pressing charges, they did in the John Leslie case too so I wouldn,t read too much into that.

Oh like John Leslie is innocent? Just like those two toerags from Finglas who were found not guilty, yesterday, of kicking a man's head in?

In my book someone is guilty the second they commit an offence, not when a court, or Judge, decides.

So are you saying Leslie did not assault someone?

Are you saying the two lads from Finglas did not assault the man who is now dead?

This is a soccer forum. I,m sure there is a relevant forum on boards for you law and order issues.

• Advertisement

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Leeds suspend Morris when the rape claim was being investigated, and now that he's has been charged with rape, Leeds have decided to stand by him and allow him to play...

wtf is that about ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I guess Leeds just wont select him to actually play....

Mike.

Advertisement