Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Recorder

Options
  • 18-11-2003 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Can anyone help? I have been offered an American made Panasonic DVD Recorder, any ideas what, if any drawbacks there would be if I bought it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

power supply for one.

price for another - they are coming down really quickly

is it multi region for playback??? otherwise stuck with Reg 1 (us) not Reg 2 (UK & Irl & others)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

well i wouldn't reckon the region thing is a big deal cuz can't u get a region free disc or something that makes it region free? though i saw thing like that one play.com(correct me if i'm wrong). But as secret squirel said, they're getting cheaper here now anyway

Regarding recording there might be issues using it here also with ntsc vs pal ??

mm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Are dvd burners region locked?
    I've held out on buying one because I wasnt sure. If they are that's really crap. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Originally posted by suppafly
    well i wouldn't reckon the region thing is a big deal cuz can't u get a region free disc or something that makes it region free?

the only disc I know of that makes something region free is for the ps2.
    99% certain they are region locked unless it has a handset hack.

You can get them chipped same as any other DVD player tho. If you are thinking of making DVD backups then you would need a player with macrovision disabled as well I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Arthur

Many thanks for all who replied. I have sourced a recorder through Amazon. A site worth visiting is ripoffireland, for sourcing lots of good things.

Advertisement