Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion for "For sale" board

Options
  • 18-11-2003 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭

Just a quick suggestion.
    I've just bought a couple of games from Rabid on the "For Sale" board and it was a very positive experience.
    Obviously buying stuff like games can be really dodgy as people can copy the game, register the cd-key and sell the game on.
    I bought two games, both of which i intended to play online. So obviously i'm going to need working CD keys.
    When i went to play one of the games i bought, the cd-key wouldn't work as there was already an account with that key.
    I got back onto Rabid about it and he really went out of his way to get it sorted. He mailed the company and got them to delete the account so i could make a new one, which i've just done.

Anyway, my point is this.
    It was a very positive experience and i feel that people who sell stuff on the "For Sale" board should be able to receive a rating.
    I guess something similar to eBay.
    I don't think it'd be too hard to implement something like this.

Killian
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

it might help with the problem of serial ripper-offers. if popel get a bad deal from someone, they give em a bad mark etc...i dont know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

Well it wouldn't just apply to games, that just happened to be what i'd bought.
    It could apply to sales in general.

Killian

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

With vB3 there will be a Karma option, we had it here a long time ago and we are considering reintroducing it when they release it (hurry up Jelsoft!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Load the Karma for longetivity too.

EG 5 stars from Me with 2 years membership should count for that bit more <cough> than a n00b.

In fact n00bs with post counts of 30 or less and where they have not been members for at least 3 monthss and where they only ' seem ' interested ' in the For Sale tree should count for 0 in the karma calculation algorithm. We don't want hanging chads on Boards do we :D

It would help the Admins if called upon to mediate in a row as well.

Nice to see a thread about the For Sale board that is positive for a change, I'd nearly suggest locking it and sticking it in case it degenerates .
    M

Advertisement