Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigs in Dundalk area

Options
  • 18-11-2003 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

Does anybody have a list of gigs coming up in Dundalk in the near future, or even just some suggestions? Restrict yuor replies to rock, please.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Check out www.leeway.tk they're from Dundalk and they play in the AOH and the Spirit Store quite a bit. They play alot of RATM and their own stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Yeah, I know Kev. Have to put up with too many juveniles at the AOH though! Unless its Metalitia or Thin Az Lizzy, that is.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I'll have to agree with Mr_Angry there, unless it's a band I know personally or really like, I'm not going anywhere near the AOH. Dundalk is really lacking in a decent rock venue unfortunately. It's a shame especially considering all the rock fans in the college and all the talent in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭DArcy

The AOH isn't a venue at all. It's just a dump.

Apparently there's a new live venue in town called Reaveys....it's where the Earl Inn/Charlie Browns/<insert any stupid pub name here> used to be. The first live gig is on Saturday according to the local rag. Great band are playing - Walter.

Could be worth checking out cuz, other than the Spirit Store, we got nothin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Kye^

Yea the Store is nice for giggin. Time to move on from there tho :(

Where is this new Venue? Is it in Dundalk? hmmmmmmmmm

Mr. Angry who is u?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

played a gig in the AOH just to see what it was like, so, so, so, bad, it was definately the wrost gig i ever played. the store is excellent. when the town hall reopens it's gonna attract some more bigger names. such as the frames and the like, cause the stpore is too small for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭The Second

Wouldn't it be sweet to rent out somewhere like Vicors or Didlies for a night ... turn it into a rock venue and get just a few of the local bands to play...

... that would be possible.. the college rents them for balls right? ... maybe not Ridleys.. but Vicors might.... would have to make it an event....

which involve organisation... which would probably never happen..:rolleyes:

Yeah, that'd be cool for a Battle Of The Bands kinda thing. Get Wendimiller, Redtwelve, Get Well Incentive, Leeway, Me, and a few others to play a few songs each. It would be very cool.

Na we wud only lose :(

Yeah, that's true actually :D Still, I think it's something that should be looked into. A sort of thing where the bands take the profit from the door and the club takes the profit from the bar. It's being done in England quite successfully.

• Advertisement

Hey Kye^ - its Martin. Didn't know you were a member. Sorry if I gave the game away there. Sh*t - I've just given my own name away too. Oh well.

Anyway, I know (or can reach) almost everybody on that list. I might drop into Vicars, and see what they think of the idea. The place is just about the right size for this kind of event too. I'd just wonder what constitutes a stage in there though. I'd be prepared to organise it though - if you want a job done, you gotta do it yourself. What kind of time frame would suit you guys? i.e. January / February / Rag Week?
    played a gig in the AOH just to see what it was like, so, so, so, bad, it was definately the wrost gig i ever played

Definitely coming from people who never had to put up with Rock The Planet, eh Second? I'm nearly getting nostalgic about the place...

aha!! I know who ye are now :) Ive played footy with ya and stuff, Lo there :)

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |