Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsource gone bad again?

• 19-11-2003 12:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

Anyone else been getting poor download speeds on Netsource since about sunday night?

Up till last week I was getting reasonably solid DL speeds (about 40-50k sec) but now I'm getting around 5k to at max 20k (although very rarely it seems to leap up to about 50k for a few seconds or so).

Pings seem fine for a change though. Vary between 30-50ms.

Just curious to know if its just me or a more general problem.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

have you gone over your 4gb/week quota?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

If it runs from saturday to friday (as someone mentioned here) then I wouldn't think so. Probably used about 2Gb at the weekend downloading large game demos/mods and not much of anything since then. Will just have to check it with NS.

Would be nice if they decided to inform anyone if they had gone over their "unlimited" cap.

Update on this. Just running a download from fileplanet to check speeds and its now 51k a second and steady. Mind you its 12.30 at night now. Earlier I couldn't get 5k a second at times. Seems a bit odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Co33iE

proxy.netsource.ie:80

still get good downloads using the proxy server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 576 ✭✭✭chill

Full Speed here.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

D'oh! Forgot to re-enable the proxy! Thanks for the reminder guys :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Hi Folks

Beware, Netsource has announced that network maintenance is underway sometime this week. Check their website under Support -> Network Status. I would think the customer service should let us know by e-mail or phone call rather putting the notice on the website, obviously people rarely check themselves.

Enjoy.

p/s : Suffered outage two weeks ago for hours. Wasn't only me in IFSC area. Netsource denied any problems on their side but Eircom.

Advertisement