Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Exchange 2000 fun (not)

Options
  • 19-11-2003 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

hi I wonder if anyone can help me on this one

I built a win2k server and patched it up to date with windowsupdate (Service pack 4 etc). I then installed active directory onto it, I then tried to install Microsoft Exchange. I didnt know about the /forestprep and the /domainprep bits, so I just went ahead and installed it.

When it wouldnt work properly, I rtfm a bit more and learnt about the forestprep and domainprep thing.

so i UNinstalled exchange, then did the forestprep and the domainprep and reinstalled and it still doesnt work. same error as before.

The error im getting comes up when I load up exchange administrator. "DS_E_COMMUNICATION_ERROR" pops up and it cant find the server.

all of the services seem to be working

I can telnet to ports 25 and 110 so it looks like bits of it are working.

Anyone suggest anything at all?

Cheers,

Denis

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭yankinlk

I think theres a few exchange service packs, try throwing them on. (do this first)

Also, you can go to www.eventid.net and stick in any "red" events from the eventlog... you will find reasons for their cause and resolutions there. You have to get rid of those red babies if you want a healthy server.

Advertisement