Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOTR:Return of the king

Options
  • 19-11-2003 1:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭

I just picked this up today, im not usually one to buy EA movie licensed games, cause by and large they tend to be tedious cash ins, but this is actually quite good. The battles are pretty bloody chaotic, and the set pieces are pretty good too. All in all its pretty damn good, but i have a feeling ill have finished it by tomorrow :( Id recommend it if youre a fan of LOTR cause it seems fairly faithful to the movies, i think anyone who ever played golden axe and liked it would enjoy this tho :D

*waits paitently for the movie to come out*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

It got pretty good reviews and i went out and bought it aswell even tho i did swear not to buy anohter movie tie in game after Enter the matrix. Its damn good fun, esp in co-op. Still cant get to grips with all the combos, and how to parry at the right time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I know what you mean, theres so many people on screen, and you get attacked by so many orcs you dont have time to think about how to parry, its more like "GET THIS F*CKIN ORC OFF MY HEAD!!" Ive managed to master a few combos, but the GC controller is a little hard to get to grips with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 (someguy)

try the palantir of sauron on for size then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

the co-ops not bad you can play through the whole game in co-op and buy your upgrades and so on.

one bad thing though is the camera can be a bit dodgy at times namely if the two of you go on mini rampages through a load of Orcs in opposite directions the result being the camera widens out and you end up at the side of the screen with ****ing orcs hopping at you off screen and whipping your health out of it.

Also, if your playing the co-op I'll save you much aggrevation. In the level "cant remember the name" Fields after you kill one of those big huge elephants find the path near the arrows pickup and walk down that way.

The reason I'm telling you is because we played this level for an hour yesterday and couldn't figure out what to do becuase of the dodgy camera. We had to go onto the net to figure it out and even then the camera wouldn't work properly.

BUt all in all it's a pretty kick ass game

• Advertisement

The plantir of sauron is a bollix, i was so far in it the flying dragon thing was hanging on the edge of his life when it killed one of them rohan leaders. Ill get it next time i play though cuz now i know u gotta kill the dragon not just look at it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I have this game as well, but I haven't played it yet. Will it ruin the movie for me?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

nah not really most of the cut scenes are from the 2nd LOTR so my mate informs me cos I've only seen the first one

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

WARNING: If you haven't read the books, I suggest you watch the movie before playing the game. It'd really ruin a fantastic ending.

Personally, I can't wait to play it. I just saw the new trailer for it.. And it really does give the feel of the 'war to end all wars'. Class stuff. :D

Does the ending of ROTK give away the ending of the movie version of ROTK? i only ever read fellowship and two towers, so i dont want the end of rotk ruined before i even see the film! Should i go ahead and finish the last few levels??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

If I was you, I'd leave it till you watched the movie. The end is a nice surprise, and I'd prefer to see it on the big screen to be honest. And yes, the game DEFINETELY does ruin it, I know that for a fact.

.ak

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Thanks .ak. I'll wait for the movie!

Phew..nice one ak! Now i have to wait till Dec 17th before i can finish the damn game tho..*lol*

I guess it does ruin the film if u do the last couple of level, but ive read all the books so, Bring it on Sauron my Level 10 Legolas will whip ur ass back to that volcano of urs.

Advertisement