Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Users and passwords in WINDOWS 2000

Options
  • 19-11-2003 3:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

im trying to remove an account i made.
    but when i try to remove it it says
    the user whatever/whatever cud not be removed.
    why is this?
    and

also does anyone know how to turn of the administrative shares completly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

How are you removing the user? ... I use computer managment -> local users and groups -> users and right click on the user and delete from drop down box ... only reason it wont work is if you are deleting the user you are currently logged in on or the administrator ....

As for turning off auto shares .... I use a tool called X-Setup from xteq.com (freeware)... (download the updates when you first install it) .... it is the canines gonads for tweaking the registry .... anyway, if you install this you can then go into the default view (not the wizard) and click on network -> security -> shares and the option to turn off auto HD shares is there....

Discalimer: You can really speed up your machine with this tool, you can also completely fuck it up ... be aware what you doing, it can be a dangerous carry on, twiddling with the registry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

brother

disabling the SERVER services..

disables file print share services from your box

but u can still access other ppls file print shares

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

got it sorted earlier actually
    By adding to registry keys and it works
    nice one.
    thanks anyways.,

Advertisement