Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 10 Songs : Q

Options
  • 19-11-2003 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

link

What ya think. I def wouldn't have eminem in the top ten. Number one i do agree with.

TOP TEN BEST SONGS EVER

Here's the list of Top ten songs in Q's 1001 Best Songs Ever:

1. One - U2

2. I Say A Little Prayer - Aretha Franklin

3. Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana

4. A Day In The Life - The Beatles

5. In The Ghetto - Elvis Presley

6. My Name Is - Eminem

7. Creep - Radiohead

8. Independent Women Part 1 - Destiny's Child

9. Live Forever - Oasis

10. River Deep Mountain High - Ike and Tina Turner

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

strange I don't see Good Vibrations or even Wouldn't It Be Nice in there. *looks again* nope.. definitely not in there... only song I agre with is Day In The Life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

So "Independent Women" is better than "The Sound Of Silence"? Or "God Only Knows"? Or "Let It Be"? etc... etc... etc...

I think I'm in the wrong business. All these polls are f*cking stupid, created by as*holes whose judgement is up their *rse.

It has nothing to do with taste, but if they can't distinguish a decent/OK song from a truly great one they shouldn't be in music journalism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I agree.

Eminem "My name is?????" - dear God this isn't even a good song let alone one of the top ten of all time.

Oasis???? Destiny's Child????

Egad man - there's something fishy afoot if these make it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Im not a queen fan, nor do I like anything to do with the 80's but the day Bohemian Rhapsody is not in at least the top 3 of a 'best songs' list is a sad day for music journalism.

I think the version of Live Forever live in the royal albert hall thats just noel singing with an acoustic guitar accompanied by an organ has some claim to being in or about the top 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

No Sign of John lennon's Imagine in there either.... you sure you didn't take the bottom end of the list instead of the top?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

why is smells like teen spirit there. tbh it was one of nirvanas crapest songs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

who cares about lists, its all objective or subjective!! you know what i mean! sooner or later a list will come out with some really stupid top 10

notice howeve the lack of posts on u2 being number one with one, its interesting, good song not the best in the world!!! how can you decide what song is the best!! you cant!! ahh im going mad stupid lists ahhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    why is smells like teen spirit there. tbh it was one of nirvanas crapest songs

i agree. everytime i see one of those VH1 shows showing the history of music they spout some crap about how that song defined a generation

Aneurysm is far superior to Smells Like Teen Spirit

if the Q music channel is anything to by then their taste is all ****ed up regarding what is a good song and what isnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

As soon as I saw Destiny's Child in the top ten I knew that this was just another pathetic "list" that was made by "judges" with absolutley no taste at all...*sigh:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

My Name Is - Eminem at 6 sums this list up, i'm not even going to look at the other songs, pathetic *sick*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

My Name Is is the only rap song in the top 10 list. Are we to assume its the greatest rap song of all time hen? Sweet jaysus,it might be when your 13 but that isnt even one of Eminems best ffs. Its not bad granted,but its one of the poppier type of songs that he usually releases as a first single from a new album.
    Smeels Like Teen Spirit? Maybe good for drunken moshes at youth discos back in the day but is it really the song that defined a generation and other such sh1te?
    Then again Ive never regarded anything Nirvana did that Ive heard as no more than a junkie roaring sh1te into the mic for the longest time possible so what do I know:D
    One isnt one of my faveourite U2 songs. Its alright.but Id rate the likes of Where the Streets Have No Name and With Or Without You better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭frood4t2

These songs frequently mistake "best" for "important." That's the only way that I can understand why a My Name is or a Smells Like Teen Spirit would go that high; with a single song, society shifted.

Who wants to believe these polls, anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

IM sure it was voted by the readers online or something, not my judges, hence the crappy songs, along with them being quite recent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

it obviuosly was intensiily researched among the entire population of 6th class boys and girls in ireland....god bless them they got it spot on too,who else would have even thought of putting destinys child in the top10?
    cant wait for next weeks poll on whats the worlds best sandwich filling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

SMOOTH PEANUT BUTTER YOU FEWL!
    how could u even JOKE about that?! :rolleyes:

anyway, i though BBC's top 3 was quite accurate... :
    1 - John Lennon - Imagine
    2 - Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
    3 - The Beatles - Hey Jude

that "Q" list is absolute BALL-OX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

polls never reflect the best songs....they reflect the songs that people remember most from their youth, or songs they relate to most, and that guarantees that no two people in the world would have the same top ten

i still remember the first time i heard slts, it was probally, musically, the most important moment in my life to date, and because of that i would vote for it in a poll.

btw i cant believe so many people hate slts...its just because it suffers from massive overplaying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

i know these lists are subjective n all but that just goes above and beyond the call of crapness..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Originally posted by quank

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody - that is one song - I never liked. I could never see its appeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

oh jesus christ, wtf is with that list?:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

Originally posted by Cork
    Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody - that is one song - I never liked. I could never see its appeal.

*slaps cork*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 RLD-Paddy

Originally posted by quank

i wood put Bohemian Rhapsody first imo