Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Child Lock - please please help

• 19-11-2003 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hello,
    does anyone know how to unlock a Philips Video Player, model number VR 287? It's been accidentally childlocked and is driving me loola.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TUTS

Hi,

Mine isn't a Phillips but when it used to happen i would plug it out for 20 mins, i have since figured out that pressing the clock button on the remote for 20 sec's unlocks it. :D May or may not
    be of any help ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

How old you are Eppie:D Is this you dad's video?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Eppie

are ya joking? me da wouldn't know how to turn a video on, never mind lock one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

is there a button on the remote which you have to press for 5 sec or something like this

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Eppie

yes, i think that must be it, someone else said that to me alright. but i tried holding down the child lock button to no avail. will try again ce soir.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

Hold down the standby button on the remote for at least five seconds. Do not release even slightly or move the remote. Keep it pointed directly at the VCR. The five seconds seems more like 50, so make sure you give it a good long go.

Advertisement