Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Monitor's Fried!!

Options
  • 29-10-1999 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

On its way over here to Ireland, my monitor met a tragic death. Seeing as I will only be here for another 8 months or so, I'm not terribly excited about buying one over here. However, I was hoping that someone here might have a clue where I could rent/borrow one for the time being. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Destitute aka Eliste aka Meg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Huh!
    Make sure you claim the cost of a new monitor off whoever was shipping it.
    I'm not sure where you can rent one...
    But you can get one pretty cheap in the 'Buy&Sell' magazine.

PS. If your monitor is dead, you must be very familiar with these boards to have posted that message without being able to see where you were going! smile.gif
    But then you probably won't be able to see this anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

ill sell you a 15 inch dell flatscreen one for £85!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 destitute

I'm not too thrilled about buying it off of you but I'd be willing to rent it from you for 85. How's that? *grin* you see. once my time here is up, a monitor that works on you alls funky power system isnt much use to me. But I'd love to rent it! email me Koopa at destructions@mailexcite.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

done

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Most new monitors are autoswitching on thier power settings afaik. Think this same discussion came up on the boards some months back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 destitute

yes, but Hobbes, its not that the power-supply needs switching. Power-supply isnt a problem! Its the fact that the whole thing is DEAD that's the problem!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yeah, but lugging around monitors, as we all know, just is no fun at all smile.gif

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

Advertisement