Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Huge Talent Freddy Adu won`t move to Europe

• 19-11-2003 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

The much chased 14 year old Talent Freddy Adu won`t move to Manu and Chelsea or in fact any other european club for the moment.

He signed a 6 year Professional Contract with Washington D.C. in the States.

I think that will be a good decission. They wanna start playing him in the first team. :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

huge tallent glenn crowe wont move to england :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

huge potential but then again he is only 14 like if he breaks a leg or fecks up one of his knees then bye bye good carrer

the fast life could get to him too and then again he may thing too highly off himself

but then again i have heard from people who have seen him play that he is amazing to watch plays training matches in defence and scores by running past everyone(underage level of course!!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 201 ✭✭Rodney Trotter

Who knows tha lad might have as much potential as Ronny O'Brien...........or.................Jermaine Pennant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Originally posted by Rodney Trotter
    Who knows tha lad might have as much potential as Ronny O'Brien...........or.................Jermaine Pennant!

wasnt it arsenal who paid 1m sterling to norwich (i think) for pennant when he was 15/16?? remember him being built-up to be a wonder kid, never really happened. theres an awful lot of talk about freddie adu, everyones heard of him, but noones seen him play.

ive never seen him play but im sick of hearing of him. surely worldwide recognition at 14 will destroy the lad. noone can handle that sort of pressure surely. staying in america will be good for him, if he moves to england soon it will ruin him, he'll be built up as a god like rooney, owen etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭frood4t2

I've seen video of him running circles round the first team defense of the team that has now signed him. Adu might even be the real deal! America is the right place for him.

peannat aint that bad he's getting experience in the leeds team that will do him good and in a year or two he could become a real player he is worth a few million now so it wasnt that bad an investment but his temperment is his achilles heal

he has to crub that and grind down to some hard work!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Originally posted by smemon
    wasnt it arsenal who paid 1m sterling to norwich (i think) for pennant when he was 15/16??

(i think it was notts county)

saw adu play during the summer on tv in america in the under17s? world cup.he was 13 and was running rings around everyone and scoring at will.even at 14 he has "style" that most pros dont have.
    also he is physically developed so he doesnt get pushed aside like you may expect.

jermaine pennant was also asked to come in for questionong regarding the jody morris incident,so maybe his career will be destroyed early on.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by smackbunnybaby
    jermaine pennant was also asked to come in for questionong regarding the jody morris incident,so maybe his career will be destroyed early on.

well if thats the case lock up the whole leeds team and while ur at it newcastle too!!

and of course ban rio for 2 years after all thats fair:rolleyes:

being charged is one thing
    questioned is another

i was questioned over an incident before does that make me guilty!

no it doesnt make you guilty

but it can tarnish your reputation....i didnt say he was guilty either.

Advertisement