Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jedi Academy

Options
  • 19-11-2003 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

It's coming out on XBox. Is it any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Yea its good but a bit short. So if you do get it, play on Jedi Master Difficulty, and take all the missions you can.

On a side note ignore all the weapons except the Lightsaber, with that and your force powers you can plague havoc upon the minions of the dark side, its more fun too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Wilbert

Eyetankewe!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you don't buy a star wars game that has a useable light sabre and not use it.

the game is short but it's good and it's an improvement over it's predcessor

(time for me to change avatar :()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Falgorn

I think Jedi Outcast was a huge step forward, the sabre battles were exceptional, and the graphics were very competitive at the time. Jedi Academy has very little extra in it that i haven't already seen in a mod of some kind, and i dont think its as good a game as Outcast was when it came out. Not to say i dont like it, I really do, but i think it was done quickly and on the cheap and was in no way as exceptional as Outcast.

certainly however for those that have to choose between Outcast and Academy as a first time purchase of the series the answer is simple, Academy wins every time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Falgorn

I still think I prefere Outcast as a stand alone game... the Story for one is better, and i found that the extra sabres's in Academy were too hack and slash compared to the skilled use of the strong style sabre in Outcast. I just think there was a nicer feel to original, and some of the missions in Academy just didn't work the way they should have... ie: the Speeder bike mission was a farce, and the mission where you had to avoid the giant worm 'Tremmors' style was just piss easy. Too often did the game seem under tested and designed, and the puzzles were easy even in comparrison to Outcast... Still.. two good games!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭hertz

Even on the multiplayer of jedi outcast you can use the extra force powers, so they were initialized as single player powers in academy. The graphics havent changed, the gui interface hasent changed in functionality much at all. But I like the new cool moves you can do with the light sabres!!

hertz

Originally posted by Falgorn
    Still.. two good games!

Well that says it all ...... buy both games!:D

Advertisement