Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Something to calm the tension...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Quote:
    I do apologise to you Tinky If i am wrong in what I have said.

I'd prefer an unconditional apology to be honest. I'm happy to wait until you prove conclusively that I am not the muppet.

Tinky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Interestingly enough Muppets Mail addy is Tinky@xxx.xxx, ya see how confusion could arise.

Muppet, when is hell freezing over ?

I was as much wronged a Tinky by your false allegation. If your not man enough to apologise to me as well thats your problem. At least you seem to have acknowledged that you are wrong.

Syke I Understand exactly where you are coming from and agree with you fully. I recognise the comments you have made about me. However I feel I have only ever stood up for my opinions here and I have never deliberately trolled a thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Originally posted by The Muppet
    I was as much wronged a Tinky by your false allegation. If your not man enough to apologise to me as well thats your problem. At least you seem to have acknowledged that you are wrong.
    Syke I Understand exactly where you are coming from and agree with you fully. I recognise the comments you have made about me. However I feel I have only ever stood up for my opinions here and I have never deliberately trolled a thread.
    Try this then Muppet, you apologise to me for telling me I was wrong, suggesting that i could not read a site that I told you was wrong and pretty much just being around and the apology you asked for will be forthcoming. Like I said, when is hell freezing over ??

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Yeah Tinky and Muppet aren't the same person. S***** and Muppet though, thats another story.
    lol

Quote kif:
    Yeah Tinky and Muppet aren't the same person. S***** and Muppet though, thats another story.

Oh grow up !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Lucky you two joined in the same month, otherwise it would look suspicious... oh no, wait....!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Sure S ;)

Originally posted by kif
    Sure S ;)

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Tray

OK people, how about a compromise? Lets just call them both Minky? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

This is ****ing hilarious.

...or Tuppet...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭DEG viper

here s an idea why dont yee all just shut up and let the pair of them express their opinions

Originally posted by DEG viper
    here s an idea why dont yee all just shut up and let the pair of them express their opinions

:rolleyes: Calm down, its just a piss- take..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Muppet, wheres my apology for accusing me of being tinky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Hey, Minky deleted last nights post where he apologised to T4TF

• Advertisement

Yet another thread spoiled by the boo boys. Whats more worrying is that a person supposidly in a position of power on this board is involved !!

I have still not received an unconditional apology for the accusation levelled at me. Had the accusation come from anyone other than a MOD I would have shrugged it off but T4TF now needs to apologise publicly for his error.

Quote:

Having read the thread I don't blame him for removing it. Nice to see that you recognise your role as a troll Sykeirl !!

Tinky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Oh my GOD I have not received an apology for an oh-so-meaningful SLANDER on the INTERNET!!!!111

There is no :rolleyes: big enough for this one.

eyes.jpg

Will these do ????!!!!

Originally posted by tinky
    Yet another thread spoiled by the boo boys. Whats more worrying is that a person supposidly in a position of power on this board is involved !!
    I have still not received an unconditional apology for the accusation levelled at me. Had the accusation come from anyone other than a MOD I would have shrugged it off but T4TF now needs to apologise publicly for his error.
    Quote:
    Having read the thread I don't blame him for removing it. Nice to see that you recognise your role as a troll Sykeirl !!
    Tinky
    Well take it to the admins then ya whining beyotch, how do I go about revoking an apology here Tinky ? Oh I know I can just delete the post. Just an FYI for ya, really I have no power here, because if I had I would respond to many of posts asking for your banning, sorry, confused you with Muppet there, I would have banned oh it's not even important. And if you want an apology then that's fair enough, of course you may not get one although I can see how you would be offended being compared to the muppet. You have got to admit though, similar spelling errors, same style of posting, muppets email address, same month of joining, does look a bit funny doesn't it...

I do not do a job here, i help out, The POWAH is not mine, if I feck up you can complain, just the same as anybody else so feel free.

Also, the boo boys whom you mention spoiling most threads are The Muppet and semen, posting drivel and then complaining when somebody asks them to make some sense out of it.

Tinky

Ooh big bad Tinky wants an apology! Or what? You'll start up your own boards, with your own little friends- ha! I'd like to see that.....(trails off into Simpsons episode...):p

• Advertisement

Quote:
    Ooh big bad Tinky wants an apology! Or what? You'll start up your own boards, with your own little friends- ha! I'd like to see that.....(trails off into Simpsons episode...)

Go forth and multiply !!!

Quote:
    Well take it to the admins then ya whining beyotch, how do I go about revoking an apology here Tinky ? Oh I know I can just delete the post. Just an FYI for ya, really I have no power here, because if I had I would respond to many of posts asking for your banning, sorry, confused you with Muppet there, I would have banned oh it's not even important. And if you want an apology then that's fair enough, of course you may not get one although I can see how you would be offended being compared to the muppet. You have got to admit though, similar spelling errors, same style of posting, muppets email address, same month of joining, does look a bit funny doesn't it...

I do not do a job here, i help out, The POWAH is not mine, if I feck up you can complain, just the same as anybody else so feel free.

Also, the boo boys whom you mention spoiling most threads are The Muppet and semen, posting drivel and then complaining when somebody asks them to make some sense out of it.

Pathetic is the only word that can describe that reply !
    Is it a coincidence that Smemon and Muppet and myself are united fans or are you capable of being that impartial. With reference to the month we both joined, a quick search shows over 80 members joined in April of this year. Maybe the Muppet is right - maybe you are incapable of using search facilities !

Why do you still insist that Muppet and I share an email address - back it up or retract it !!!

Tinky

Minky, how do you get a shirt or jumper on with that big winder sticking out of your back?:p

Minky, how do you get a shirt or jumper on with that big winder sticking out of your back?

The jokes on ye juveniles. Obviously if Tinky and I had the same IP those who would have access to such info would have posted here by now. Its getting pretty boring guys but I,m not biting. It doesn,t bother me but you are all just showing your true colours to the rest of the members here, I,m not prepared to lower myself to your level.:D

T4TF where did you get my mail address by the way ?

The jokes on ye juveniles. Obviously if Tinky and I had the same IP those who would have access to such info would have posted here by now. Its getting pretty boring guys but I,m not biting. It doesn,t bother me but you are all just showing your true colours to the rest of the members here, I,m not prepared to lower myself to your level.:D

T4TF where did you get my mail address by the way ?

:o Obviously the normal members of the board dont have access to that info- we're just sitting back and enjoying the fun. And if you think back it was you who started the thread going in this direction by accusing me of having been banned earlier with no proof. Time to take your medicine Minky...:D

Is it a coincidence that Smemon and Muppet and myself are united fans or are you capable of being that impartial. With reference to the month we both joined, a quick search shows over 80 members joined in April of this year. Maybe the Muppet is right - maybe you are incapable of using search facilities !
    Why do you still insist that Muppet and I share an email address - back it up or retract it !!!
    Tinky
    Ahh yes but the Muppet apologised for suggesting that when he was proven to be wrong, an apology which he has since deleted, so yes, you would be wrong in suggesting that..... I DEMAND AN APOLOGY, WHERE IS MY APOLOGY, WHY IS THIS USER VICTIMIZING ME
    The Muppets email address is Tinky@XXX.XXX (obviuously I would not give out the full details) I will not retract that because it is a fact.

That you and The Muppet and semen are united fans is of no bearing. There are plenty of united fans here who cause no trouble at all, they post sensibly and do not whine when somebody questions their posts, the reason that they do not whine is because they can back up their opinions with facts or at least a sensible argument. Rather than "Ohhhh why are you disagreeing with me, It's coz I am a Man United fan isn't it"
    BTW those who have access to such data are prohibited from giving that data to peeps muppet.
    And if you think back it was you who started the thread going in this direction by accusing me of having been banned earlier with no proof.

Good point Tray, DEMAND AN APOLOGY....

Ahh yes but the Muppet apologised for suggesting that when he was proven to be wrong,

No I didn.t. I was not wrong, you obviously couldn,t work the simple search applet on the premier league site as you said that there was no facility to search individual player stats while obviously there is.

In an attempt to end this nonsence I did apologise for any of my comments which you found offensive, you chose to ignore that apology and continued your attack on me in you susequent post so I retracted My apology.

Then again you may not be new but just on of the usual Trolls with anew Username EH D*****?

RIGHT!, seeing as everyone else has gotten up on their high horse who am I to buck the trend. I DEMAND an apology for this scurrilous accusation as there has ben no proof posted of its validity. If this is'nt received forthwith I choose pistols at dawn!;)

No I didn.t. I was not wrong, you obviously couldn,t work the simple search applet on the premier league site as you said that there was no facility to search individual player stats while obviously there is.
    In an attempt to end this nonsence I did apologise for any of my comments which you found offensive, you chose to ignore that apology and continued your attack on me in you susequent post so I retracted My apology.
    Firstly that is not what I said(go back and read the post), I said that you seem to be looking at the team stats which you were proven to have been, Team conceded 11, Taylor conceded 8`. So while they were on the player's page, they were the teams stats.

I read the stats, knew that they were wrong and discarded the info therein, you read the stats, applied your "I am a united fan and so cannot be wrong" logic to it and turns out that the information you got was WRONG, I explained to you why it was wrong and you said no that the info I received, which I corroborated with more than one site, and which I knew from actually watching some football, was wrong. Now I have proven that I could use the search facility, WHERE IS MY APOLOGY, I DEMAND AN APOLOGY, AND TRAY TOO, I DEMAND TRAY'S APOLOGY, we must be the same person...
    Maybe you could refer back to the post where you apologised to substantiate your previously made claim that you did not apologise for saying that I could not use the search function, oh buggrit, you can't, you deleted it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

No wonder the soccer forum is so quiet lately with this going on!!
    im staying well out of this one!:cool:
    oh what was the title of this thread again?.....:D

Originally posted by jank

oh what was the title of this thread again?.....:D
    LOL:D

• Advertisement

T4TF:
    I have discredited 2 of your reason for assuming the muppet and I are the same person.
    1. We do not SHARE or have the same email address. Just because muppet has tinky@whatever doesn't mean a thing.
    2. Yes we joined Boards.ie in the same month, but so did about 80 others, are they all being accused of the same thing?
    Your out of context use of my previous post displays the fact you have lost the argument here. Refer to the rest of the post and give a balanced answer with less of the childish sarcasm please.
    I also request that you ban Tray for trolling !!
    Tinky

Firstly that is not what I said(go back and read the post),

Below is your exactly quote. and the you
    Posted bt T4TF
    The stats that are on the premeir league website seem to be those of the team rather than the player. Get a better source or perhaps watch games that feature teams other than Man U.

I read the stats, knew that they were wrong and discarded the info therein, you read the stats, applied your "I am a united fan and so cannot be wrong" logic to it and turns out that the information you got was WRONG, I explained to you why it was wrong and you said no that the info I received, which I corroborated with more than one site,

You didnt give a source for your stats until later, you can hardly blame me for believing the offical one over hearsay. If you had explained the error earlier instead of calling me a fool i would have remember the sending off incicdent and correct my posts.
    Maybe you could refer back to the post where you apologised to substantiate your previously made claim that you did not apologise for saying that I could not use the search function, oh buggrit, you can't, you deleted it.

I have told you what I apologise for and in what context , I retracted the apology for the reason I already stated.

1 :D

The ban tray for trolling bit :)
    Tinky, there is a call for you on one, Mr Kettle wanted to speak to you about your colour.
    The POWAH TM has been exercised, just giving ye plenty of warning with the numbers Jank, sorry for the intrusion.
    Tinky, if you do want to continue this then Pm me, Muppet, you were wrong, I knew and you didn't, is that my fault, you too can pm me if you wish to continue this, I am sure we have subjected everybody else to enough of this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement