Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I have to pay environmental waste charges?

Options
  • 19-11-2003 1:07pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've just received a bill for the environmental waste charge for 2003 from Dublin City Council. Needless to say I'm quite pi$$ed off as I've only been in the appartment for the second half of the year - why the hell should I pay such an exorbant amount for about 20 sacks of rubbish?
    So is it my responsibility to pay, my landlord (who is the property owner), or is it solely dependent on the lease agreement?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The lease will usually say what bills you are responsible for. You should only have to pay for the months you are there. I suspect it is the occupants responsbility.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Yep yer right. I have to pay (my lease agreement says that I have to pay council charges) and I only have to pay for the period I've been there (which involves a bit of hassle but worth doing for 100 quid).

Advertisement