Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to use 3650 as modem?

Options
  • 19-11-2003 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi All,

Can anyone point me towards an idiots guide for setting up my Axim pocket PC and Nokia 3650 so I can use the phone to get web & email on the PDA. I'm with Vodafone and haven't had any luck getting info from them.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭manchine

Not overely familar with pocket PC, but if there not too much difference with windows...

For GPRS:

Set up the equivalent of a dial-up networkng connection and in the modem advance settings add the command string - at+cgdcont=1,"IP","<whatever the APN is>"

Then use *99# as the dial-up number.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by Nitrate
    Can anyone point me towards an idiots guide for setting up my Axim pocket PC and Nokia 3650 so I can use the phone to get web & email on the PDA.

hi - can you say if you are ReadyToGo or on a Contract (Billed Monthly) first, this will detemine the type of services available to you and the configs to use

there is a thread here that should help (for a Contact user)

uou may need an extra step or two on the 3650 - main one is to enable the InfraRed Modem on the handset first:
    Menu > Connectivity > Modem > Connect Via Infrared

also, there is a new Mobiles Forum just set-up to take care of Mobile queries like this

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Nitrate

I'm on Vodafone bill Dubwireless; I'll take a look at those links too thanks.

Advertisement