Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a 7650 as a Modem or IrDA

• 19-11-2003 1:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I have been trying to configure my laptop to use my 7650 as a modem to use both GPRS or HSCSD.

I have Windows XP with SP1 and have installed the Nokia 7650 Data Suite and Modem drivers.

Everything is recognised as it should and I have configured the dial up connection in XP.

When I choose connect, the status displays dialling and stays their permently.

Anyone got any ideas? I think I have included everything. Ask away if you need anything else.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi - have you selected irDA Modem "mode" on the 7650 first?

Menu > Connectivity > Modem > Connect Via Infrared

it's like of like setting the handset into modem mode, rather than pc connection

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by DubWireless
    hi - have you selected irDA Modem "mode" on the 7650 first?

Menu > Connectivity > Modem > Connect Via Infrared

it's like of like setting the handset into modem mode, rather than pc connection

BrianG

Going by the look of confusion on my face, I dont think so.. How or where do I check that?

Ok I saw that options previously..

So I select that option as oppossed to just activating InfraRed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

yeah - set the infrared into modem mode

symbian handsets have two infrared modes, one for the pc suite connection (and the likes of file transfer) just called "Infrared" on the Series 60, the other is for using the phone as a 'dumb modem' over infrared called "Modem (Connect via Infrared)"

don't know all the other settings etc. you have set-up - but setting up the right infrared mode would be one step in the process to get it working

BrianG

Originally posted by DubWireless
    yeah - set the infrared into modem mode

symbian handsets have two infrared modes, one for the pc suite connection (and the likes of file transfer) just called "Infrared" on the Series 60, the other is for using the phone as a 'dumb modem' over infrared called "Modem (Connect via Infrared)"

don't know all the other settings etc. you have set-up - but setting up the right infrared mode would be one step in the process to get it working

BrianG

Thanks, will check it out.

• Advertisement

Cheers, that was the problem. All working now, thanks.

Advertisement